tboost Q again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyman510

Reaction score
Im hoping that I can get some help from all you wonderful people on here.

I posted earlier about my tboost and the fact it is not doing the whirr at startup, checked everything- tested servo by adding 12v to pins opens and closes fine,old tboost switch swapped for a new one that I know works. Tested when running revvin to 3k and 6k visually looked nothing, test rode bike still nothing. Tested voltage to vboost wiring 12v going in 12v going out. Cracked open black box circuit, visually looked good-removed some gel and did a few probe tests circuits seemed all ok except that there was 12v going into board and only approx 3v going to wire back to boost controller.

Ok so after all this should I try and get hold of a new circuit board, or can you still get them from somewhere? or is there another issue I havent tested?

Or I was thinking of a direct button (push style) from the handlebars to activate servo whenever you wanted. Has anyone done this before?

Any Advice??

Im hoping that I can get some help from all you wonderful people on here.

I posted earlier about my tboost and the fact it is not doing the whirr at startup, checked everything- tested servo by adding 12v to pins opens and closes fine,old tboost switch swapped for a new one that I know works. Tested when running revvin to 3k and 6k visually looked nothing, test rode bike still nothing. Tested voltage to vboost wiring 12v going in 12v going out. Cracked open black box circuit, visually looked good-removed some gel and did a few probe tests circuits seemed all ok except that there was 12v going into board and only approx 3v going to wire back to boost controller.

Ok so after all this should I try and get hold of a new circuit board, or can you still get them from somewhere? or is there another issue I havent tested?

Or I was thinking of a direct button (push style) from the handlebars to activate servo whenever you wanted. Has anyone done this before?

Any Advice??

I had a momentary switch set up on my '96 a couple years ago, it was kind of cool for awhile but that was about it....ended up leaving the boost open all the time and didn't bother with the switch anymore.

Yamaha did a pretty decent job setting these bikes up, the vboost kicks in when it's needed, I don't think there's much advantage in changing that.

Latest posts

Back