Teen suing parents rages at ‘spoiled’ baby boomers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
The New Jersey parents being sued for tuition by their entitled teenager were excoriated in a Friday rant on her new Facebook page as “spoiled” baby boomers who would rather feather a retirement nest than pay their kids’ college bills.

“I have been stunned by the financial greed of modern parents who are more concerned with retiring into some fantasy world rather than provide for their children’s college and young adult years,” a poster — presumed to be Morris Catholic HS senior Rachel Canning or a supporter — wrote in the pre-dawn web screed.

“Suburban baby boomer types are the spoiled lot, they make massive amount of money a year, they are used to flying to luxury destinations when they want, and buy things that they don’t need, people should be inclined to see things my way.”

The post appeared on the “Education for Rachel” Facebook page, which Canning previously told The Post she set up to support her cause.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/07/teen-suing-parents-baby-boomers-are-the-spoiled-ones/

My parents gave me all the support they could muster - from their final resting place in the National Cemetery #1 in Fort Scott, KS, where they had resided for several years before I ever decided to go to college.
2014 SANY1895 (1).jpg 2014 SANY1895 (4).jpg
As I recall, it took me nearly 8 years to pay off my student loan after graduating college, and starting my career in accounting.

Pizz on this entitled little b!tch. I wonder if there's a web site for setting up a "GO F@%K YOURSELF Rachael" account to help her in this time of greed?

No doubt her parents are "Feeling the Bern" right about now :biglaugh:
Cheers!

Yep. I find it funny, because I actually listen to what politicians are saying. During the townhall meetings with Bernie, one of the points that he makes is that the US is the only industrialized country that doesnt send their students to collage for free, and then he starts naming off the countries. He forgets to add.....that in those countries, you can to take a test to see if your ELIGIBLE to get into collage, and into the field that you want to get into. From what Ive been told from people that have been accepted into those programs, its the hardest test that they have ever taken.

Over here, the process is, yes, ANYONE can go, you just have to pay for it, and you have the responsibility to have to pick a career that you will be able to find employment in, so you can pay off the debt.

I paid for my first year of collage myself. After that year, I dropped out, because I didnt know what I wanted to be when I grew up, and I didnt like the thought of wasting time and money.

I can't believe this is still going on. I figured the girl would have been shut down a long time ago. The overwhelming sense of entitlement with what seems to be Bernie supporters / naïve voters is getting ridiculous. Am I wrong to think people should work hard for what they want in life? I've done the right think my whole life only to get penalized via taxes, etc and signs only point to things getting worse. If you were born in the US, congratulations you won the lottery, you could have been born in a much worse place. Now make something of yourself and work towards your slice of the American dream.

I joined the US Navy right out of HS so I could take advantage of the GI bill.
No one contributed a dime to my college tuition except me and Uncle Sam (which I earned by serving 4 years in the Navy).
And I had to work the entire time I was in college to pay my rent, food, utilities, etc.

So, I guess my parents were "spoiled" too, LOL

The country went to shit the day parents couldn't discipline their own kids,teachers couldn't control their students without reprimand, and the Gov't thought they could do a better job. God got shown the door at our schools. Political correctness took president over about everything. Hey 's look how that's working out for us!

The country went to shit the day parents couldn't discipline their own kids,teachers couldn't control their students without reprimand, and the Gov't thought they could do a better job. God got shown the door at our schools. Political correctness took president over about everything. Hey 's look how that's working out for us!

You got that right !:bang head:

http://nypost.com/2014/04/02/teen-who-sued-parents-lands-56k-scholarship/

http://nypost.com/2014/07/23/teen-who-sued-parents-gets-restraining-order-against-boyfriend/

Her story never ends...

She is awarded $14,000/year towards a $50,000+ annual tuition, room & board cost. (Note to girl: that's $144,000 for your four years you're gonna have in debt to pay)

She takes out a restraining order against her 'boyfriend'

Let's see how long she lasts in an engineering curriculum.

The school is a legit accredited institution. http://www1.wne.edu/admissions/index.cfm?selection=doc.4

....During the townhall meetings with Bernie, one of the points that he makes is that the US is the only industrialized country that doesnt send their students to collage for free, .....

that in those countries, you can to take a test to see if your ELIGIBLE to get into collage, .....

+1
They also leave out the fact that in some of these "free college" countries, the income tax alone is about 58%- then with what may be left for food/housing etc, you still pay sales tax.

So, is it really free? No.

Now, the benefit for the "Bernie types" is that they won't have to pay, because they will go to college for some "hippie studies" that actually make sure that you never acquire the skills for an actual job.
No Job..no income, no income..no income tax. Live off the welfare system chillin at starbux and complain about how right wingers destroyed the economy, and that's why there are no "jobs" to be had.

+1
They also leave out the fact that in some of these "free college" countries, the income tax alone is about 58%- then with what may be left for food/housing etc, you still pay sales tax.

So, is it really free? No.

Now, the benefit for the "Bernie types" is that they won't have to pay, because they will go to college for some "hippie studies" that actually make sure that you never acquire the skills for an actual job.
No Job..no income, no income..no income tax. Live off the welfare system chillin at starbux and complain about how right wingers destroyed the economy, and that's why there are no "jobs" to be had.

+1, a new meaning to free, for sure. As you get older you read between the lines more than when younger.

Here was a discussion that I got into on facebook years ago (when I still had an account).

Well the conversation started out with Scott Walker "trying to break the backs of working people" by making the teachers unions actually contribute something towards their healthcare, and then the conversation shifted to the amount of money that CEO's make. A lot of people said that the government should step in, and not allow CEO's to make that kind of money, and I said no, the government cannot step in, and tell a company how much to pay an employee. I did say that yes, CEO's are over paid, and I can certainly run a company into the ground (like they do) and probably do it for half the amount of money that they charge.

Then a woman said "Well I have 2 masters, and I have never made more than 30000 a year for my whole life.....why shouldnt I sit on the couch, and let the government support me"? I said "First of all, it is up to you to get a degree in something marketable....not basket weaving or origami, 2nd, here is a promise that was given to you by your creator, before you were ever born. You will be given atleast 1 skill or 1 ability that you will use to make a good life for yourself. It is up to you to find that skill or that ability, and to nurture it to make a good life for yourself. Whether you are good at mechanics, math, or singing, it is your responsibility to make a good life for yourself."

Pissed her OFF!!!!! LOL....the thread got ugly after that.

She'll be suing the University next because they didnt give her a full ride scholarship and she cant handle having to work and go to school, lol.

Latest posts

Back