temp gauge not functioning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,
I had a short in my electrical system and after using a multimeter I found out that there is a short in my pedometer and water temp gauge.
When I disconnect the connections of panel the short is gone.
Can anyone tell me what can be wrong with my pedometer or water temperature gauge ?all of them are working fine!

Not sure which instrument is the pedometer - tachometer, speedometer?

If you had a short then I would expect it to blow a fuse, is this the case?

Whilst I've never come across an internal short you would be able to test for this by setting your multi-meter to ohms and putting one probe on the +ve feed and the other on the casing. The meter should show infinite resistance.
If it shows continuity then that is where the short is.

Can anyone tell me what can be wrong with my pedometer

Not sure which instrument is the pedometer - tachometer, speedometer?

I tell you, that just screams out for a Catholic Church joke.

Since it's used in smart watches to detect hip movement I can only assume he means the tachometer.

I'm sorry everyone, what I meant was tachometer and water temperature gauge.
I removed the whole cluster and tested it with multimeter and it was fine but as soon as I put back the short was back again .I noticed this when I was trying to find out out why my low beam head light is not working properly so I removed the light and negative terminal of battery and find out there is some resistance between low beam wire and chassis .Just to mention there is no problem with high beam .again sorry if my English is not 100%:(

Latest posts

Back