Tempted by the fast food bike!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
Was out and about today and stopped in at the local Suzuki dealer out of curiosity. Been shopping around for a new helmet so I figured why not. Went in with the intention of only shopping for helmets, and there is was sitting all lonely and forlorn looking in the corner, an 08 B-King. Just to acertain the asking price I walked over to take a quick look at the price tag. First off a note to US folks, prices here are a wee bit higher than the US so take 15% or so off to convert. Noting that the price was a tidy $15k Cdn I turned to walk away. The salesman then told me that he would take $12k and I had to take pause. If they were willing to take off $3k just because I looked at the tag how low would they go???? At this point I figured prudence is the better part of valour and I needed to get out quickly before I found a B-King under the Christmas tree..... they even tried to throw in a Yoshimira exhaust..... and I ran LOL..... may have to go back closer to Spring and see, like the limbo, how low will they go:biglaugh:

Yeah, I knew that of all the peeps here you would respond. Do tell though, was their price in line? Would have figured out to ~$9,600 US or thereabouts. He seemed awful willing to come down on price for sure, and to throw in a set of Yosh cans intrigued me for sure. I for one like the look of the B-King with the exception of the exhaust cans. Oh yeah, and we have an 09 here in Canada!! Someday when I am rich instead of just good lookin':eusa_dance:

Do yourself a favor. Don't test ride it. :eusa_dance:

Oh, and don't watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM3yJrcwTGw

:biglaugh:

awww man that REALLY made me miss all those lovely twisty UK roads I used to ride on.. It's SOOOooooo boring here in FL all the road are straight!! But I don't miss freezin' me balls off and all that rain tho.. :confused2:

Yeah, I knew that of all the peeps here you would respond. Do tell though, was their price in line? Would have figured out to ~$9,600 US or thereabouts. He seemed awful willing to come down on price for sure, and to throw in a set of Yosh cans intrigued me for sure. I for one like the look of the B-King with the exception of the exhaust cans. Oh yeah, and we have an 09 here in Canada!! Someday when I am rich instead of just good lookin':eusa_dance:

From what I gather, $11,000 is right at dealer cost (and right at what I gave for mine). If you're beating that by $1,500, that sounds pretty good, to me.

If you have to buy the Yoshi slipons (in carbon fiber), they'll cost you a little over $800, and a Power Commander (if you add it, too), another $275 or so. In any event, you'll be ready to ride for about $11k, perhaps a bit more for a fender eliminator.

From what I gather, $11,000 is right at dealer cost (and right at what I gave for mine). If you're beating that by $1,500, that sounds pretty good, to me.

If you have to buy the Yoshi slipons (in carbon fiber), they'll cost you a little over $800, and a Power Commander (if you add it, too), another $275 or so. In any event, you'll be ready to ride for about $11k, perhaps a bit more for a fender eliminator.

A new black 'B' went on e bay a couple days ago for $8211.

WOW, he really was cutting one helluva deal then cause the Yosh cans were part of that cost. He has probably been sitting on it since it first came out then. He just wants to clear the floor. May have to go do some more haggling and see where it goes.

Here's the dealer selling the bike that was listed on eBay. Allegedly, the guy that won the auction (first time buyer, zero feedback) hadn't called the dealership as of yesterday, or so. Might still be available.

That's a heck of a deal!! I wondered about that guy's 0 feedback, always a little uneasy dealing with them.

The Suzuki dealer here has a black one. Special order that the buyer backed out on. Been sitting there since June or July. Might be a good buy there too.

Was out and about today and stopped in at the local Suzuki dealer out of curiosity. Been shopping around for a new helmet so I figured why not. Went in with the intention of only shopping for helmets, and there is was sitting all lonely and forlorn looking in the corner, an 08 B-King. Just to acertain the asking price I walked over to take a quick look at the price tag. First off a note to US folks, prices here are a wee bit higher than the US so take 15% or so off to convert. Noting that the price was a tidy $15k Cdn I turned to walk away. The salesman then told me that he would take $12k and I had to take pause. If they were willing to take off $3k just because I looked at the tag how low would they go???? At this point I figured prudence is the better part of valour and I needed to get out quickly before I found a B-King under the Christmas tree..... they even tried to throw in a Yoshimira exhaust..... and I ran LOL..... may have to go back closer to Spring and see, like the limbo, how low will they go:biglaugh:

Hey, what dealership is this!??

There are some killer deals on these bikes if anyone actually wants one. I went to Heinen motorsports in Minneapolis today and they have a 'new' 2008 and they are asking $9999. for it. They also have a new 08 FZ-1 for only $6999.

I know nows the time to start hitting them up on the older new bikes they are not able to sell. I just bought a new 06 FZ1 for $6800. out the door with everything I am pretty happy with the price concidering a local shop has a 2005 FZ1 with 7800 miles asking $5,895.99 and mine has only 5 miles on it due to ridng it home from the dealer. List price new they are $9,895. out where I live.

I know nows the time to start hitting them up on the older new bikes they are not able to sell. I just bought a new 06 FZ1 for $6800. out the door with everything I am pretty happy with the price concidering a local shop has a 2005 FZ1 with 7800 miles asking $5,895.99 and mine has only 5 miles on it due to ridng it home from the dealer. List price new they are $9,895. out where I live.

Good, God. Nice job. Hard to turn that one down.

For you considerers, here's something posted on the Org:

138551d1240253926-v-maxers-say-numbers-dont-matter-scan0013.jpg

And, no, hell no, that's not me. Big hairy ones, he has.

Good, God. Nice job. Hard to turn that one down.

For you considerers, here's something posted on the Org:

138551d1240253926-v-maxers-say-numbers-dont-matter-scan0013.jpg

And, no, hell no, that's not me. Big hairy ones, he has.

Thanks, I know it was rough I debated about it for three weeks. They have two more FZ1 06s on the floor. My friend is kicking the idea around too since its so cheap.

Here's some fairly recent pics of my bike, so you can see the rear end. Looks a bit different with the huge missile launchers removed from the back.

bkingaugust081.jpg

bkingaugust084.jpg

I've also attached a BK with a Brock's full exhaust header. Somewhere, though I can't find a pic, is a BK equipped with the above exhaust and two blue nitrous bottles mounted under the tail. Outstanding.

The most popular slipon, I think, is the Two Brothers. Might want to Google it, too.

Attachments

• Picture013.jpg.jpg
    Picture013.jpg.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 13
i do like the bike. i'd get one if i had th emoney for two legit bikes

it's a shame the BKing's didnt sell. sort of a standard-ish 'busa. salesmen told me they've discontinued them after only one year...?

Latest posts

Back