Tennessee bike boneyard, and they're for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score

Kyle has a distinct advantage! He's < two hours away. Lots to see, and if the seller is reasonable about pricing, buy a half-dozen to keep yourself busy this winter, next winter, and so-on.

Barnfind Hunter is probably one of the lousiest photographers I've seen, he constantly pans back and forth, you have to freeze the video to see what's there. You only get a fleeting glimpse of the inventory. I spotted a probably circa 1969 CB350 at the beginning which appeared from the brief picture to be fairly complete, and then a circa '70-'71 SL350 about halfway through, close to the point where he says, "What's a Benelli?" when a gas tank with a Benelli name on it briefly (once-again) is shown. He may be able to wax poetic on the attributes of a Siata Spring automobile, but he can't i.d. one of the longest production Italian motorcycles, which produced many cutting-edge grand prix racers, and everything from two-stroke minibikes to six cylinder transverse engined roadburners: Benelli (that last one would be the Sei).

Just the opening still photo of the video, I see a Honda Trail 90, a circa 1971 BSA/Triumph 250, I think a Honda Elsinore, a Hodaka enduro, and in the background, a bunch of other enduros, too far away to i.d. If you have eyes like Chuck Yeager, you might be able to i.d. more than that.

Another concern I'd have, is what sort of documentation does he have for ownership? I bet most of these are probably 'bill of sale,' no title, and good luck navigating your state's DMV to obtain a title.

Last edited:
Candy store for adults. The title thing can be a pain but some states really are not bad, depending on the circumstances that separated the scoot from it's former owner in the first place, there could be unrecovered stolens along with the unloved and unservicable. With luck there is a stack of boxes with titles for some of these machines.

...there is a stack of boxes with titles for some of these machines.
Probably so, but from the layout, it's not as-if the owner was big upon the organization of things. Wrecking yards in FL have to turn over to the State of FL the title, when it's totalled, then classified as unrebuildable. The chassis VIN will never be allowed to 'live again,' but pieces apart from the VIN chassis can be sold.

OK, I have found out some information about this place. I contacted the owners nephew by email, he gave me his phone number and told me to call him today, which I did but he did not answer or return my call. On the email he said his uncle was not " set up like a business" and it was up to him when someone could come and whether he has what your looking for. They do not sell much in the way of parts but maybe whole bike sales only. He would have to know specifics of what bike you want, so they can "have it set up in advance". I kinda thought I would look around and piece together frame, engine, gas tank, instruments for maybe a Mach III, SL 350, or 175 or maybe a GPZ500. I guess it ain't going to happen. Some stuff seems to be in a shed and the rest outside. Soon it will all be scrap. Don't know why it's not more opened up but it doesn't sound like it's going to be a pick and pull anytime soon. I was fired up over the possibilities but I've kinda cooled down now.

Back