Test Drove Victory

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 for the triumph

V-max is a category on it's own. dont think is a cruiser - chopper. it is between cruiser and naked bikes.
i think V-max belongs to gsx - xjr - cb 1300 category. and one bike that can match V-max power is the k1300r bmw. which i like by the way

I guess that's probably true, you can't really call a Vmax a cruiser. Mid mount pegs, sits you up real straight with a reach down to the bars. Cruiser to me has forward control and bars that leave your arm at least perpendicular to the ground, with hands at shoulder height. It most closely fits with the nakeds, although it's kinda big/long for some of those. Really it's own animal.

I rode a Rocket III Tourer ( and mentioned the roadster earlier ) last year, and its got plenty of torque, but It feels a bit like driving a diesel powered bike, very short rev range, but oodles and oodles of torque from Idle up.

I rode a V-Rod a month or so ago, and though it has decent power, I wouldnt put it up with a V-max, and at least for me at 5'7" my leg was against an exhaust pipe riding and stopped, which essentially ruled out me ever owning a harley as its the only one i could stomach being on.

+1 for the triumph

V-max is a category on it's own. dont think is a cruiser - chopper. it is between cruiser and naked bikes.
i think V-max belongs to gsx - xjr - cb 1300 category. and one bike that can match V-max power is the k1300r bmw. which i like by the way

I like the BMW as well. It has 175HP and a wet weight of 560lbs and should be more than a match for a Gen-1. Pricey tho!

Blaine

Yeah we ran across a guy in Des Moines here a while back that had just bought "the first Victory Highballer in the state of Iowa" and he informed me that it had classic styling without sacrificing performance. It was a 106 CC engine (which I corrected him and told him it was cubic inches not centimeters, that would be two moped engines bolted together) and it was the fastest production cruiser on the street. I asked him if he had ever heard of a Vmax or a Diavel, he hadn't. He did inform me his highballer would "smoke" my Vmax. Gotta love it. The V-rod guys all claim to have the fastest production bikes, period. They meet a Hayabusa or a Vmax somewhere I think they will get a surprise.... Victory bikes are cool, his was definitely unique looking for sure, but it's comparing apples and oranges.

rddevill hijacking hatters page . one I haven't seen mentioned is the honda valkyrie cheaper than my wing . you would not lose performance with it . I ride with hatter all the time and my wing is right there with him from stop to top although I can't here my radio after 120 :)

(

Yesterday, I bled the clutch on a co worker's Vulcan 1500. I took it for a test ride after I was done. I know it is a normal cruiser not a "power cruiser", but I expected a big bore twin to have more grunt down low.

Having ridden one and falling in love with it, Id say the closest "modern equivalent" to the Vmax is the Kawi Z1000. It's a muscle standard, and whoo boy it doesn't skimp on the muscle. Tremendous low end, and a insane top end pull...past 7k or so and it's like vboost times three the way power comes on. It handles like a modern sportbike but its still comfortable. Plus, you can find them OTD for $9500 or less....or about half what a Gen 2 goes for.

M109 with the usual mods...intake exhaust and power commander....gives my stock, Venture drive vmax a decent run for it. I'll be pulling away at the top of second and keep a steady lead all the way to top end, but it's not a total blowout. Problem with the 109 is that it has shit for cornering clearance. I have never touched the pegs on my Max(hit the edge of my boot a few times, but the pegs are clean)...I hopped on his 109 and scraped turning out of the driveway, again at an intersection, a long grind on a gentle sweeper...to not grind required me to pick lines more suited to an 18 wheeler than a bike.

I just looked up that Triumph bike that someone mentioned at the start of this thread and that thing is NUTS!!. There's some dude on YouTube wheeling the hell out of that 800lbs monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rla9KU0m808

Its a short video, but nasty!
That guy you refer to as "some dude" is one of the most successful racers of modern times. http://www.racerxonline.com/details/riders/ricky-carmichael

His skills are a source of frustration to competitors any time he puts two wheels onto a track, and now he has moved to 4 wheels.

That guy you refer to as "some dude" is one of the most successful racers of modern times. http://www.racerxonline.com/details/riders/ricky-carmichael

His skills are a source of frustration to competitors any time he puts two wheels onto a track, and now he has moved to 4 wheels.

I dunno, that said Kevin Carmiceal, not Ricky. But, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Ricky doing that stuff, I've seen him mx in person, just a wild man.

Oops, I misread that! Thanks for the correction, Ricky is a v. talented racer. This guy in the video has great bike skills, I enjoyed watching.

Back