test ride done finally

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyman510

Reaction score
Finally got the girl back on the road, after trying to tune it to perfection in the shed but still had some crackle and pops in it.......ran it on the street up to the redline a few times and shes runnin like a charm all missfires gone :eusa_dance:

I do have quite a bad wobble in the front end, I know my steering head is perfect so its either bearings which I thought were fine or a badly outa shape front wheel, you can see it quite noticebly when you stand on the pegs and look over.
Do wheels ever go out of shape? or would a good wheel balance do the trick?

Temp guage sensor has also stopped, any advice on how to check it for being faulty?

Ignitech unit and the cops are working as they should, if I hold it at 5000rpm in second and then WOT the front end comes up with no clutch, lovin that!!

Ground the temp wire that plugs into the sensor under the right scoop, it should peg the needle out unless the needle is stuck. Might try tapping on the instrument cluster with sensor wire grounded. Might want to check the brgs in the front wheel for free play.

Everything Joe said. If you need a temp switch, search the forum as there is a Japanese car temp switch/sensor for the fan which will 'ignite' the fan earlier for quicker cooling, and a car thermostat which will be much-cheaper and will open sooner too.

Your steering bearings could be loose or too-tight. But, if you see wobble in the front rim, jack-up the front of your bike, grab the wheel top/bottom, & give it a good shake, you shouldn't have any slop, if you do, bearings-time! Get sealed ones from your local supply house, take the number off the side of the race.

Ground the temp wire that plugs into the sensor under the right scoop, it should peg the needle out unless the needle is stuck. Might try tapping on the instrument cluster with sensor wire grounded. Might want to check the brgs in the front wheel for free play.

Back