Texas Bound

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like I finally will have all my Dr appointments out of the way tomorrow & have a little free time so I am hopping on the old Wing Thursday morning & headed for Texas. I put new timing belts , tires wheel bearings , synched my carbs & put new tires & lights & went thru the bearings on y little trailer I tow with it so hopefully I am all good now.:biglaugh:

Little trailer huh. I thought MIT was illegal to haul Sailor Jerry across state lines!
A vacation ain't a vacation without ones favorite beverage! I won't tell you to be safe but I 'll wish all the codgers around behave and give you some space. My the weather Gods have pity on you and may you always find cheap fuel prices!
I have one word for you; Beef Jerky. Oops, I mean beefjerky.
Waiting on updates from the road!

Little trailer huh. I thought MIT was illegal to haul Sailor Jerry across state lines!
A vacation ain't a vacation without ones favorite beverage! I won't tell you to be safe but I 'll wish all the codgers around behave and give you some space. My the weather Gods have pity on you and may you always find cheap fuel prices!
I have one word for you; Beef Jerky. Oops, I mean beefjerky.
Waiting on updates from the road!
Thanks all ! I am looking forward to going home & yes Pat I will have some of my favorite beverage when I get there & will eat beef Jerky along the way. As far as early in the morning though it will be 5 hour energy & monster

watch out for Houston. It's not really there, or shouldn't be anyway. And yea, it's hot now.

Shclitterbahn bound? Float the Comal in New Braunfels! Good times right there!:punk:

If you get too hot, you can stop and dip your toes in the Guadalupe river along hwy 39 in the hill country. That water always looks inviting.

I live in San Antonio and its getting hotter (high humidity makes it worse) than a firecracker. The Hill Country is nice and green from recent rain showers. To avoid the heat of the day I suggest you start nice and early and prepare to shut down early afternoon. Ride Hill Country during the week hardly any traffic. Forecaster are saying in the 100's next week.

I live in San Antonio and its getting hotter (high humidity makes it worse) than a firecracker. The Hill Country is nice and green from recent rain showers. To avoid the heat of the day I suggest you start nice and early and prepare to shut down early afternoon. Ride Hill Country during the week hardly any traffic. Forecaster are saying in the 100's next week.
Thanks ! I probably wont be in San Antonio until next weekend . I sure wanted to come before August when it was cooler. Oh well I will take what I can get.

Back