Thank you to Hypermax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
I just wanted to publicly say thank you to Hypermax. He had noticed an issue with the rear caliper adapter bracket that I have on the bike. Apparently it is upside down. He noticed it, messaged me, friend me on FB, and sent and email to make certain that I had the right info (which is a great thing).

You can see a pic of my wheel on the left vs his wheel on the right. With the bracket upside down like it is on mine, it kicks the bottom of the caliper out, and so the brake pads dont get full coverage on the rotor.

Thanks again for him bringing this to light. I am a big fan of publishing mistakes, because people can learn from what youve done incorrectly, as well as correctly. :punk:

Attachments

• IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1955 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1955 - Copy.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 56
Eric, your "after" pic still doesn't look like the bracket is providing 100% rotor-to-pad contact to me. The caliper still looks like it is somewhat kicked up at the back. Is that just me vs the picture angle playing tricks on these old, near sighted eyes?

Eric, your "after" pic still doesn't look like the bracket is providing 100% rotor-to-pad contact to me. The caliper still looks like it is somewhat kicked up at the back. Is that just me vs the picture angle playing tricks on these old, near sighted eyes?

It still might be kicked up a little bit....but its better than it was.

Just rotated the pic. I posted my pic again.

Attachments

• IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1955 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1955 - Copy.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Do the brake pads now have 100% full contact? Can't see them in the pic. It wouldn't do to have you rolling up behind me at any of the stop/wait points on our rides without full braking capacity. lol

I dont know, currently at work, so when I get home, I will swap them.

Maybe Hypermax can post more pics showing the pads themselves. I never took any pics of the pads, so it still wont be a really good comparison, but with the bracket changed, it does look like the caliper is more centered on the rotor.

Last edited:
Remember those of us w/two functioning eyes have stereoscopic vision, where a camera has parallax error, since there is only one lens. In most cases, that makes an item in a picture appear to be 'off-center.' The second pic does seem as-though the brake pad is now located closer to the axle centerline, and would contact more of the rotor.

Do the brake pads now have 100% full contact? Can't see them in the pic. It wouldn't do to have you rolling up behind me at any of the stop/wait points on our rides without full braking capacity. lol

Dont worry, I use the front brakes 95% of the time, and below is a pic.

Remember those of us w/two functioning eyes have stereoscopic vision, where a camera has parallax error, since there is only one lens. In most cases, that makes an item in a picture appear to be 'off-center.' The second pic does seem as-though the brake pad is now located closer to the axle centerline, and would contact more of the rotor.

True, it looks like by flipping the bracket over, that it would bring the tail of the caliper down a bit, and would allow for more coverage.

Attachments

• user8061_pic8072_1372242981.jpg
    user8061_pic8072_1372242981.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 19
Hey Eric, it looks like someone has stolen your valve cap.

True, but this was about a year and a half ago. Now I have the valve caps on, that if the pressure gets low, the color disappears out of the window.

Back