That is why I hate mods.(about a car)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamV4

Reaction score
I bought 08 Honda Fit, paid $760 for it.
Previous owner decided to convert it to "sport car"
He installed lower springs, wheel spacers and bigger tires.
As result of this brilliant "sportification" tires were scratching fenders and rear quarters, rear tires are worn out inside (rear camber was messed up, negative)
At the same time ball joints, sway bar links and right axle were worn out.
All these problems on top of body damage.(that is why I paid 760)
Lucky me, local junk yard has same color car, so I don't need to paint anything except hood. I am going to paint glowing hood!!! Silver hood, glowing blue!!!
This is not first screwed up car or bike I have to fix.

I bought 08 Honda Fit, paid $760 for it.
Previous owner decided to convert it to "sport car"
He installed lower springs, wheel spacers and bigger tires.
As result of this brilliant "sportification" tires were scratching fenders and rear quarters, rear tires are worn out inside (rear camber was messed up, negative)
At the same time ball joints, sway bar links and right axle were worn out.
All these problems on top of body damage.(that is why I paid 760)
Lucky me, local junk yard has same color car, so I don't need to paint anything except hood. I am going to paint glowing hood!!! Silver hood, glowing blue!!!
This is not first screwed up car or bike I have to fix.

You could go with CF hood and a matching CF exhaust with a 5" outlet. Also to accentuate you should have some pillar gauges (+1 for boost gauge w/no turbo) Dont forget mood lighting, exterior and interior. Make sure when installing the sound system to use nothing more than a rusty pair of pliers and a bent butter knife. After that we can talk about adding a whole bunch of tasteful decals and graphics.

When I did towing and recovery work in Seattle I recovered several stolen Hondas each week, multiple each night on weekends.

That price for any running Honda is a steal, in spite of the considerable work you may have to do. I went through a lot of this trying to save a Del Sol. It's a labor of love, besides in many regions Honda vehicles are the absolute top choice and resell without hesitation. If it's that bad we might have to see some before and aft pics haha.

Last edited:
Are we to expect duct tape repairs to get the vehicle to a below marginal sale point? Based on the stories you tell....I can expect poor repairs.

Honda Fits arent coveted vehicles. Top marks are around 5K for pristine low mileage ones. Average 3K and in poor, expect to be in the neighborhood of what you got it for.

Back