The 15 Best U.S. Roads Motorcycle Challenge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMAN999

Reaction score
The 15 Best U.S. Roads Motorcycle Challenge - Rider Magazine
http://www.ridermagazine.com/touring-and-rallies/the-15-best-u-s-roads-motorcycle-challenge.htm/
The Southern California Motorcycling Association produces an annual Best 15 U.S. Roads Challenge. The 15 roads are announced annually as the “collection” for that year, with some being retained from year to year. The entire distance of each road must be traveled between the locations listed for the road. The roads for each year can be taken in any order at any time during that calendar year. All miles (including getting to the challenge roads) must be completed on a motorcycle, trike or sidecar. Participants must be members of SCMA, and must assemble a logbook of the 15 roads that displays a photo in front of a recognizable point-of-interest at the start of each road and a gasoline receipt showing the date and time. For more information, visit http://sc-ma.com/rides/best-15-us-roads-challenge.
Author Bob Roger completed the Best 15 challenge in 2013 and, in this article, highlights his trip along each of the 15 roads in a logbook style.
I would Love to able to do this Challenge.
I have ridden a few of these roads (the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Tail of the Dragon, the Cherohala Skyway and the PCH) but I'd really love to be able to ride them all.

If ya ride the Blue Rigde, give me a shout. Part of it is my neck of the woods.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Rode a good bit of that last fall when I was up hitting the tail of the dragon + surrounding area. Lucky you to live so close to the area!

Tom (Beekeeper) and I will be hitting both the Tail of the Dragon, and Cherohala Skyway just before Thunder this year. We will also do a very nice run down the Bootleggers Hwy (Hwy 28) while their.
I have caged it over a few of these roads which would be a lot a fun on a bike. Running all the roads on the list would make for a epic season of riding for sure!

Rode a good bit of that last fall when I was up hitting the tail of the dragon + surrounding area. Lucky you to live so close to the area!

Yep, its a nice slow speed ride. I can be on it in about 20 mins. Im on the northern end of it and have only been about 20 miles and 20 miles south of where i get on. Id love to take about 2 days and go as far south as i could make it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back