1st Gen V-Max The adventure begins

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any mods on the bike from the prior owner? Are the jets stock? Looks like stock pipes. Have they been modified? Don't run 92 octane, run regular unleaded, avoid fuel with ethanol if possible. Higher octane burns cooler and therefore produces less power. My bike had a T-Boost set up and it ran poorly when set to 3K RPM. I keep it set at 6K as I'm shifting near the upper RPM ranges and redline.

Any mods on the bike from the prior owner? Are the jets stock? Looks like stock pipes. Have they been modified? Don't run 92 octane, run regular unleaded, avoid fuel with ethanol if possible. Higher octane burns cooler and therefore produces less power. My bike had a T-Boost set up and it ran poorly when set to 3K RPM. I keep it set at 6K as I'm shifting near the upper RPM ranges and redline.
No Mods, bike is completely OEM factory, stock exhaust. I will not assume the jets are stock, I need to verify them. I have been running 92 octane techron super. Bike has 1900+ miles on it as of this writing. I will be pulling the carbs tonight and proceed with the rebuild. I am looking at a Delkevic slip-on pipe but maintaining the factory headers but go down on the main jet one size as I am at 3250 ft elevation and often ride in 3000 to 5500 ft ranges.
This girl still doesn't have the oomph it should in the lower RPMs.

Well I pulled the rear shocks apart and found out the dampers are sealed and not rebuildable, which is unfortunate as I have a bent damper rod on one and a jammed rod (seal or valve?) on the other. Springs are still good and useable. Swapped out the bushings (14mm ID x 17mm OD x 20mm) into an OEM set from my Sporty, good for now, moving on to carb rebuild and fork seals. Still looking for some slip-ons as my OEM cans are beat up.

Back