The Borg Is Back!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BorgBiker

Reaction score
The Borg is back!

Hey all!

After laying down my '96 back in late 2012, I took some time doing other things. Although I've been saving for a Gen 2, I happened across a 2002 V-max with 6800 miles for $4000, and I just couldn't resist. It's almost brand new, with only a few minor scratches around the ignition, and a SLIGHT bit of discoloration on the radiator grille.Here's a pic:

e998w8.jpg

As you can see, it's got a set of Cobras on it, - I like the look, and the sound is nice too. But I understand they are a bit power restrictive, so a Kerker from Sean Morley will replace the Cobras in a few months.

Meantime, I did a little video with my phone to capture the sound. Don't judge the shaky video, I wasn't really trying for a good shot, just testing the sound.
View My Video

Since the sound is more than adequate for now, handling is the first order of business. To that end, I just ordered a set of Carrozzeria's in silver for the beast! Wife/accountant isn't too happy with the rapid depletion of funds, but she's thinking she might like a Max too, so lucky me!!

Wave rotors are also on their way. When the I purchase the Kerker I'll also be getting Sean's Muscle intake mod. There's not much he sells that I don't want!

When the Carro's come in, I'll be selling the stock wheels. As always, forum members get first dibs. They are silver, and I haven't seen any blemishes. Dunno about price yet, but I'll happily take offers.

Same deal will go for the Cobra slip-ons, but that's a few months out. I have to let the wife recover before I buy any more. Or else I might not!

ALSO... my '96 has almost 60,000 K on it, and I'm probably going to sell it for parts, once I get all the parts I put on it moved to the new one. It was laid down at about 20-25mph, it has case guards so about the only real marks are on the black exhaust where it was ground at the tip a bit. If anyone is interested message me, and I can send pics and more details. I don't have room to disassemble it, or I would.

Marcus - BorgBiker

Great looking Vmax, I saw your profile/ how do you know dekburg, he's my friend too. Haven't we met before at Hell's Kitchen:thumbs up:

Attachments

• hell1.jpg
    hell1.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 29
  • hell17.jpg
    hell17.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 28
  • hell13.jpg
    hell13.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 30
Great looking Vmax, I saw your profile/ how do you know dekburg, he's my friend too. Haven't we met before at Hell's Kitchen:thumbs up:

I'm in the LA area, specifically the west valley. I think we were planning to meet at the Rock Store, but we both had some bike problems. Not sure, that was a few years ago. Hopefully we can re-acquaint, along with any other Maxers in the LA area. Gotta show those Harleys what a real loping idle sounds like! lol

If you ever ride your Vmax to Camp Pendelton to see your son let me know. :thumbs up:

After two tours in Iraq, he left the Marines and Camp Pendelton in 2008. Now he makes guns for a living! Very nice, precise and pretty guns. :2gunsfiring_v1:

But sooner or later I'll probably be down that way. I'll let you know when that time comes :biglaugh:

Back