The Dragon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NC spoke up a few years ago TN should have to. I have been stuck behind these idiots a couple times . I don't even like the dragon during what is considered riding season. All the roads are great this time of year just have to bundle up a bit.

Good. I do want to ride it one day, and it sounds like it just got a bit better.

Great law! Fortunately the two times I have been there I never ran into the issue of an 18 wheeler up there. I can't imagine why any truck driver would even want to go through there. There are easy routes around both sides of the dragon and I think they would be significantly faster due to how slow they would progress through the dragon.

On the idea of the dragon and surrounding area.

Anyone up for a dragon day and maybe a visit to wheels through time the following day? Could make for a fun weekend trip and lodging isn't too pricey up there off peak.

Sent from my LG-G3 using Tapatalk

Great law! Fortunately the two times I have been there I never ran into the issue of an 18 wheeler up there. I can't imagine why any truck driver would even want to go through there. There are easy routes around both sides of the dragon and I think they would be significantly faster due to how slow they would progress through the dragon.

On the idea of the dragon and surrounding area.

Anyone up for a dragon day and maybe a visit to wheels through time the following day? Could make for a fun weekend trip and lodging isn't too pricey up there off peak.

Sent from my LG-G3 using Tapatalk

Wheels thru time is a killer place. I know a lot of people here are anti Harley but the place is great specially seeing that almost everything in there runs & if Dale is there he is happy to talk & start them up for you

i live in SC, and the wife and i are going on vacation in the first part of april with some family members to dollywood, i was thinking of riding my max there. i might have to put the dragon in on the trip.

I've heard that the majority of the 18 wheelers that end up on the Dragon do so because they've not been there before AND they go there for the 1st time by blindly following a GPS unit that didn't know any better.

I've heard that the majority of the 18 wheelers that end up on the Dragon do so because they've not been there before AND they go there for the 1st time by blindly following a GPS unit that didn't know any better.

Maybe they should turn around when they see all the warning signs they have out before you get on it.

It is impossible to drive an 18 wheeler on the Dragon without breaking the law. Some of the switchbacks require you to cover both lanes going in and coming out of the " U-Turn " . The double lines for no passing are a joke as well for a big truck & trailer. This should have been done a LONG time ago.

Back