The End

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching the Pats crash and burn this season was a beautiful thing!
When do you think Belichick will retire. He's 68 now. Current theory is he wants to beat Don Shulas record of 328 wins. That means he needs 48 more regular season wins. At a minimum that is 3 years to tie it. That would make him 71! Maybe I should start a new thread and start a betting line on it.

When do you think Belichick will retire. He's 68 now. Current theory is he wants to beat Don Shulas record of 328 wins. That means he needs 48 more regular season wins. At a minimum that is 3 years to tie it. That would make him 71! Maybe I should start a new thread and start a betting line on it.
I was just cleaning out some old clothes and found a shirt signed by the Dolphins' Jim Kiick. Jim Kiick Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com) Kiick was an integral part of the Dolphins, when they won back-to-back Super Bowls and accomplished the hardest NFL record to beat, The Perfect Season. Forty-eight years, the closest anyone's come was 'da Bears' in 1985, and who was it that spoiled their run at the record?

Kiick's best-friend on the Dolphins was Larry Csonka, and with Eugene "Mercury" Morris, they made a formidable scoring machine, putting the Dolphins in three straight Super Bowls.

I doubt Belichick has the stamina to stay-in the game long-enough to beat Don Shula's record, and the short 2020-21 season and their 5 wins won't help him get there. I think he's going to have to coach 'way-past age 71 to make #327.

I was just cleaning out some old clothes and found a shirt signed by the Dolphins' Jim Kiick. Jim Kiick Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com) Kiick was an integral part of the Dolphins, when they won back-to-back Super Bowls and accomplished the hardest NFL record to beat, The Perfect Season. Forty-eight years, the closest anyone's come was 'da Bears' in 1985, and who was it that spoiled their run at the record?

Kiick's best-friend on the Dolphins was Larry Csonka, and with Eugene "Mercury" Morris, they made a formidable scoring machine, putting the Dolphins in three straight Super Bowls.

I doubt Belichick has the stamina to stay-in the game long-enough to beat Don Shula's record, and the short 2020-21 season and their 5 wins won't help him get there. I think he's going to have to coach 'way-past age 71 to make #327.
Wow!! Great names from the past. I loved watching Csonka run. He was like a tank.

Wow!! Great names from the past. I loved watching Csonka run. He was like a tank.
I'm sure the defense hated to be assigned to him, because they knew they were in for some smash-mouth football. Kiick and Morris weren't shy about doing the same thing. Csonka didn't run to the sideline, he went downfield, sometimes with two or three guys trying to bring him down, hanging-on for a ride. I got to see him play in the Orange Bowl, I liked the facility, even though it was built pre WW II. The Dolphins and the U of Miami Hurricanes football teams had some great games there, and multiple championships. Csonka and his teammates made those games memorable.

Back in the early 1970's, I ran-into Mercury Morris at the Miami Auto Show, one of my friends was there, exhibiting his mid-engined V-8 Ford powered De Tomaso Mangusta, which he had for sale. Mercury came-by and was interested-enough to spend time, asking questions about it. He didn't know, the owner almost didn't get to the show. The week before, he'd cracked one of the Campagnolo cast-wheels, when he clipped a curb on a roundabout onto A1A (the famous ocean road). He had to have a replacement air-freighted from CA so he could make the show. The Mangusta was the predecessor to the Pantera, I think the Mangusta is one of the most-beautiful cars, ever. The De Tomaso Mangusta: the beauty and power of a fighter - Italian Ways

de-tomaso-mangusta-ghia-1971-02.jpgde-tomaso-mangusta-ghia-1971-03.jpg

Latest posts

Back