The forum is too dial up unfrendly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Change recomendation in the tech section

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firefly

Reaction score
I think using dark colors and high screen resolution makes it load much slower to nearly impossible for people on dial up connections, also the smilies don't work properly for some reasone? windows xp? all update installed.
and the tech section needs adding brakes, handle bars, electrical and so on,
I don't think this just looks good on paper, it is the logical areas of problems and mods under each title, no?
Currently everything is discused in chit chat and vboost making it scatered.
I know I've mentioned that before
________
Toyota USA Automobile Museum

Last edited:
Firefly, two things.

First, the title of your poll doenst really seem to match what you are trying to accomplish here.

Second, I personally think there are already too many sections in the tech forum. A simple TECH section without all the subdivisions would do IMO. If everyone would post any and ALL tech problems in the tech section it would be easier. I dont think it needs to be separated at all with Engine, Exhaust, Suspension. It should just be TECH

KRL0215 said:
Firefly, two things.

First, the title of your poll doesn't really seem to match what you are trying to accomplish here.

Second, I personally think there are already too many sections in the tech forum. A simple TECH section without all the subdivisions would do IMO. If everyone would post any and ALL tech problems in the tech section it would be easier. I dont think it needs to be separated at all with Engine, Exhaust, Suspension. It should just be TECH

Say I want to talk about brakes were should I post that? at forced induction or exhaust?

Say some one wants to post about head light relays and mods, should they start it under carbs & tuning?

Cooling, the best fluid, over heating, thermo switch etc.

Does that make any sence ?

It will not be complicated as you think, it just directs people to post about one subject in one place so a reader in search of an answer finds it all in one place.
now that is simple :Dizzy:
Ibrahim
________
Mercury Tracer

Last edited:
firefly said:
Say I want to talk about brakes were should I post that? at forced induction or exhaust?

Say some one wants to post about head light relays and mods, should they start it under carbs & tuning?

It will not be complicated as you think, it just directs people to post about one subject in one place so a reader in search of an answer finds it all in one place.
Ibrahim

Technically, you've posted this poll in the wrong forum. This should really be in The Pit Stop, which is general chit chat. I've moved this thread there. So you see, more forums does not necessarily make itnmore organized. Sometimes it makes for more work for me moving threads. You are right about where to post some of the tech stuff, so I will open a "General Tech question" forum.

firefly said:
Currently everything is discused in chit chat and vboost making it scatered.
I know I've mentioned that before

That should be easy to solve if the whole thread is in the wrong forum. The moderators should be able to move the thread to it's righful place. It is done all the time on the FZ forum I'm on. I'm OK with the divisions in the Tech section. I would probably combine the "exhaust" with the "carbs". I would also combine "wheels" with "suspension". I may then add a separate "Service/Maint" forum for general tech stuff. Still, the current choices seem OK to me.

About the 56k thing. Dunno. I found that EVERY site was unbearably slow. Just find a good deal on DSL or cable and take the plunge. :Smoking: I thought that I was the last holdout to highspeed. Guess not...:rolleyes: .

firefly said:

Ibrahim

I think you are missing my point. I dont think there should be a Exhaust section, or one for breaks etc. I think there should be 1 forum for all technical stuff. and everything involving any kind of tech should be in that 1 forum. So if you had any problem at all with a tech question there owuld only be 1 place to look

KRL0215 said:
I think you are missing my point. I dont think there should be a Exhaust section, or one for breaks etc. I think there should be 1 forum for all technical stuff. and everything involving any kind of tech should be in that 1 forum. So if you had any problem at all with a tech question there owuld only be 1 place to look

So you want it to be unorganized,that is exactly what it should not be.
You will end up with people taking about different subjects all at once .

A post starts as a question about breaks then branches into cooling the headlights then wheels???
is that the idea?
In my opinion this is not how it should be,
general discussions and chit chat are for these kinds of posts.
You guys are stumping the growth of this forum.
don't take it personal we all want it to succeed.
Ibrahim

________
Toyota Celica GT-Four

Last edited:
I think it is great the way it is, Just look at the Yahoo list they do not even have the correct title on the posts. You do not what to read or not read, you have to open each post just to see if it is what the title implies.

Now I can go to a general area and see the posts on each topic and know that that is what it is about.

Good Job.

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can NEVER please all the people all the time.

Any one who can do it better should have done it long ago instead of complaining. Suggestions please not continued complaints or arguments. If I want that I can go to the Yahoo groups.

My 2 cents

firefly said:
So you want it to be unorganized,that is exactly what it should not be.
You will end up with people taking about different subjects all at once .

A post starts as a question about breaks then branches into cooling the headlights then wheels???
is that the idea?
In my opinion this is not how it should be,
general discussions and chit chat are for these kinds of posts.
You guys are stumping the growth of this forum.
don't take it personal we all want it to succeed.
Ibrahim
You still dont understand what Im trying to say, I dont think Im conveying it to you clearly. I dont want it to be unorganized, but I think you are trying to over organize if that makes any sense.

I like the General discussion and the chit chit sections, those are fine. And I believe that there should also be a section, just like those two, for tech stuff. People can create topics inside that section for any tech problem that they have. If the thread has a clear topic there should never be a problem. If you start a thread titled "Brake Pads" in the tech section I dont see how that would change into a discussion about headlights. And if it does happen thats because of the members not following the topic, not the set up of the forum.

Go to www.onedownfiveup.com or www.katriders.com they both have tech sections that arent separated into 12 diffierent catagories all under the tech section.

I hope you get what I mean

Ibrahim and Ken both make good points. In some ways the forum categories I have now are sort of too organized but not organized enough. :eat brains:I believe I could generalize the Tech forums a bit more such as carbs, exhaust and forced induction would become part of the Motor forum and the Suspension and Wheels/Tires forum would become one forum. I could then add a General Tech forum for general questions.
Keep the suggestions coming, I like what I'm hearing! Give me some feedback on my suggestion above.

Gary, how about a few categories like ELECTRICAL, FUEL, BRAKES, CHASIS etc. Just a few of the major components of the bike. Also, with so many different threads, a time period would be good to delete what doesn't draw a lot of posts.

I'd like to clarify my statement below about the various categories. The various parts of the Max could be put into their perspective archives for references. Unlike the Yahoo search engine looking for certain fixes and never finding anything, we could categorize the solutions to particular problems for future look ups. Instead of repeatedly asking and answering the same question, look it up. Fixes should be challenged for correctness and improved where possible. Having too many forums going at one time tends to lead to confusion and loss of interest. There could also be a suggestion box where members could put their 2 cents worth in so Buster has something to contemplate. :) The two forums (tech and chat) on the other side isn't a bad idea because it brings people together and all know where the action is and where to ask what questions or just chat. The big difference is that we can have answers to problems that are easily accessible anytime.

Last edited:
Back