The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMax/Magniac

Reaction score
The Good: My '85 Max with over 38k, has never exhibited the dreaded 2nd gear problem until now.
The Bad: My v-boost has never worked until now.
The Ugly: Finally got the v-boost working, and now whenever v-boost engages in 2nd gear, it pops out of gear. DAMN - DAMN - DAMN ! ! ! :bang head: :bang head::bang head: :bang head:

i never have felt the feeling of 2nd gear popping out ... but i bet it is better feeling that having a spun bearing and feel you motor brake which i have experienced 2 times lol

Undercut time!

As you said, better a gearset replacement than dealing w/a spun bearing!:bang head::confused2::damn angry:

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 34
I have a transmission you can have for $75 and shipping. It's the one that was damaged in my bike. Needs the 2/3 and 5th gears. Sean can handle the stuff, but if you want a core to reduce your downtime....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Don't have the money right now to take care of it. I will try to get by with just taking it easy until 3rd gear, to see if I can nurse it along until I can afford to get the gears undercut.

Back