The Identify Game

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FootNote

Reaction score
Ok considering I am still for the most part pretty damn ignorent and go oooooh and ahhhhhh and shiny things and new things.

What can I say. I am easy like that.

crbst_G00003601L.jpg

What can I say.... what the hell is it?

crbst_G00010704L.jpg

Ok this is a odd type of turbo? I see the Turbo is that a air filter behind it?

picture.php

Frame Brace?

Inter cooler on the first one, same as used in import cars, second I don't know third is complete custom frame, not brace

The frame looks like a Harris-style, or something from Bimota.

Ahh thanks. for some reason I didn't even think of a completely custom frame.

the third bike is weasel_pt's bike right?

The second bike looks like a twin turbo with a cooler but I may be wrong...I usually am.

Alright two more.

picture.php

I have said a few other bikes are solid looking but I am in love with the body work on this, scoops, side panels, faux tank, seat. Can anyone identify who made/sells them?

picture.php

I am in love with the mini air filters but can someone tell if they actually improve anything? They seem to be small enough where they might not be consequential. Now if they are actually useful.... anyone have a link to where you can buy them? :D

No idea on the bodywork in the first pic but I like the bike.

I'd say those filters in the second pic are for show only. I don't think the carbs would work too well with the air intake being on the diaphragm covers.

No idea on the bodywork in the first pic but I like the bike.

I'd say those filters in the second pic are for show only. I don't think the carbs would work too well with the air intake being on the diaphragm covers.

I agree, they are just for being pretty. If you wanted something to make your ride stand-out, adapt a Stromberg 97 scoop to the diaphragm covers, your choice, either portruding horizontally, or vertically. Bulky? Yes, but stylish. The Japanese bellmouths w/s.s. mesh in a semi-dome shape would look good.

I agree, they are just for being pretty. If you wanted something to make your ride stand-out, adapt a Stromberg 97 scoop to the diaphragm covers, your choice, either portruding horizontally, or vertically. Bulky? Yes, but stylish. The Japanese bellmouths w/s.s. mesh in a semi-dome shape would look good.

I have no problem making my ride stand-out :D but at the same time if I add or take away something from the bike I want it to be productive. If you have followed any past posts or threads I have made you might know I am really looking for a way to make those scoops useful. :D Now there are a few expensive routs I can take in making that happen but I have a lot of small things to accomplish first.

I gotta say I am a bit disappointed those mini filters are show only.

Well use a holesaw in the faux gastank cover & throw some Stromberg 97 scoops on there w/the tiny filters, ducting into the top of the airbox! There have been some pics & a thread or two about that type of airbox cover mod. Check out the retro rods websites for some cool scoops, or look at old marine bilge vents.

Well use a holesaw in the faux gastank cover & throw some Stromberg 97 scoops on there w/the tiny filters, ducting into the top of the airbox! There have been some pics & a thread or two about that type of airbox cover mod. Check out the retro rods websites for some cool scoops, or look at old marine bilge vents.

I am eventually planning on getting Morely's Stage 7 kit I think so I will see how that plays out first before I start doing any other mods to airflow just yet.

Latest posts

Back