The infamous v boost switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, new to Vmax & forum.
As you're discussing things Vboost I'd like to ask as Q. As stated Vboost starts at 5.730 rpm but what I've never seen mentioned is, what speed (mph) does that equate to?
I've only hit Vboost on my trike on my 1st shakedown trip (interesting) & wasn't looking at the tacho but I was doing about 65mph.

Hi, new to Vmax & forum.
As you're discussing things Vboost I'd like to ask as Q. As stated Vboost starts at 5.730 rpm but what I've never seen mentioned is, what speed (mph) does that equate to?
I've only hit Vboost on my trike on my 1st shakedown trip (interesting) & wasn't looking at the tacho but I was doing about 65mph.
I hit V-Boost at various speeds many times under 65 MPH. I redline a lot through the gears.

After reading through this post I am now realizing I've not been staying in gear anywhere near long enough when riding... this is going to be life changing for sure.

Thanks zeus36. I think I haven't been specific enough. I'm asking about vboost engaging in top gear.
I'd find out for myself but I've had issues with the trike after that 1st run, with lack of throttle/rev response & or surging. The fuel pump was part af that (which I've replaced). Things are a bit better but still not good. I'm suspecting one cylinder not working that's all beside the point for my question.

Back