the legend is real!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iatrosb

Reaction score
I pulled up to the local bike shop to get my new max inspected and was a little nervous to find about 10 harley riders gathered around in the front of the garage (it's a small dealer/garage so it was kinda cramped).

Anyway, I pulled through the crowd and into the garage to have the shop inspect it. While I was turning it off, they crowd sort of swarmed toward the bike. Here was the response I got:

"I've had 3 of those, had to sell my last one cause I thought I would kill myself on it"

"I've beaten a hyabusa on one of those before" (he did admit the other driver sucked)

"That thing sounds like a stock car"

and my favorite...one of the biggest guys there on my way out said:
"do a wheelie!" like a little kid.

So the legend is true...I thought you guys were just over-exagerating the responses to this bike...but it seems that Mr Max's reputation does indeed preceed himself. Everyone's got a Max story, lol.

I've ridden alot of bikes, and never got a response like this! :punk:

I've ridden alot of bikes, and never got a response like this!
punk0000.gif
I had a guy in a car pull up and say "I thought they outlawed those". :)

When I first got mine I pulled into a parking lot. There was a guy in one of the spaces with a custom Harley. I pull into the spot next to him and asked, Do you mind if I park here. He said " yeah, you've got a Vmax." :punk::punk::punk:

When I first got mine I pulled into a parking lot. There was a guy in one of the spaces with a custom Harley. I pull into the spot next to him and asked, Do you mind if I park here. He said " yeah, you've got a Vmax." :punk::punk::punk:

I would tell him it is all right for him to park next to me.

I live in a small town, and no one knows what it is. They probably think its a Harley. Mine sounds like it has a blown alcohol engine at idle. The carbs are so screwed up, and the VBoost is off, I'm not sure if its supposed to sound like this or not, but it definately has an evil idle.
Everyone that hears it has a frightened WTF look on their face.

Without a doubt there is no bike like it! Rolling down the road sounding like a open header small block never gets old to me. I will be buried with mine.

what an amazing story! my max is my first bike of any type. when i went shopping, this type of bike was way off my radar. matter of fact, until i saw my max nestled in amongst the other cruisers, i had never heard of the classification "muscle bike" let alone even knew of the vmax. yes mine needs monthly tender love-n-care, but i absolutely love my max. my friends have told me to sell 'im because of the monthly upkeep, but whenever i'm joy riding around with them, i see the wonder and amazement and at times a hint of "what if"s in their eyes. ain't no way this beast will ever find a new owner.

i have talked to "old timers" who have fond memories of maxes they've had the fortune to ride and/or see. my friends and co-workers who, like myself once upon a time, have never heard of a max, pull up the specs on the max and become mesmerized at the numbers in disbelief that such a machine existed back in the 80s.

i love sitting at stoplights watching the cagers and bikers drool over the bike with thumb-ups. and i absolutely love it when they asks "what is that" and smile when i respond proudly "It's an '04 Yamaha VMax"

i've grown up on muscle cars and am infatuated with the raw power underneath the hood and the simple cut lines in the body. i must say that i have the same opinion of the max, but better yet, i get to ride the brute without a cage

Without a doubt there is no bike like it! Rolling down the road sounding like a open header small block never gets old to me. I will be buried with mine.
ME TOO

Shortly after I got my bike and word got around there was a Vmax in town, all the race junkies would give me a call and want to race. I would simply tell them I would not mind it a bit but if you loose I win 100 bucks. They thought that was bit steep , but I explained to them the I only get 10 quarter mile runs on a rear tire and tires were expensive. Anyway I picked up several hundred dollars in a years time until the other rumor got around that I must have cams. When the ones I had beaten came back and asked me about having cams, I would simply say yes I have cams, why do you think it runs so well ? My bike is bone stock.......till this day the legend of my Vmax still lives in my small town.

There are three of them here in town, to the best of my knowledge. There is only 3,759 people in town. If I want to get that kind of response I have to go 150 miles up the road. But ya i've gotten my share of stares rolling around Anchorage.

Had a girl get off her boyfriend's bike and ask me if I would give her a ride once. She had no idea was kind of bike mine was but it obviously was just as fast and clearly less painful (also the rumble made her giddy, that i owe to eatatjoz and his suggestion). Also had a guy tell me once He would trade his 'new' 1100 Monster for my Vmax strait up at a gas station once. Got pretty offended when I asked him how long He had been smoking crack...

also had a guy tell me once he would trade his 'new' 1100 monster for my vmax strait up at a gas station once. Got pretty offended when i asked him how long he had been smoking crack...
lol

...(also the rumble made her giddy, that i owe to eatatjoz and his suggestion).
ya i know this is gonna sound creepy, but.....nah, forget it....well ok, here goes. after i drove my 9yo daughter around on my Max for the first time, she hopped off and said "That was FUN!!! I liked the vibrations between my legs. :rofl_200:

Also had a guy tell me once He would trade his 'new' 1100 Monster for my Vmax strait up at a gas station once. Got pretty offended when I asked him how long He had been smoking crack...
BWAHAHAHAHA

ya i know this is gonna sound creepy, but.....nah, forget it....well ok, here goes. after i drove my 9yo daughter around on my Max for the first time, she hopped off and said "That was FUN!!! I liked the vibrations between my legs. :rofl_200:

BWAHAHAHAHA

:surprise:

Well, in my case it was a result of the viberider.....

There are three of them here in town, to the best of my knowledge.

There are a couple in Anchortown that I know of (one is a member here).
Up here midstate there are 6 Gen I's (2 '85's, although one is wrecked. A couple of brothers bought them early in '85) and a 2010 running around.

I know who has them, c'ept the cat on the gen II and the UFO piped '06. We aught to think up a good get together and have some good ol Alaska BBQ and such.

Well, in my case it was a result of the viberider.....

I had one hooked up, thats the reason the pillion is all puffy. Its now sitting in the garage or out in the shed somewhere. :rofl_200:
It was an impulse $120 purchase, Although a few passenger's didn't mind it :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back