The Mod Monkey's Evil lil Grin...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JrBiem

Reaction score
Hello all! Here's my stock '97 Max I picked up a couple of weeks ago...
PA180026.jpg

The mod monkey must be a busy lil bugger because it seems he has visited me as well! Have a few things in the works, and that little bastard gave me a "wish list" that will keep me busy for years!

In the works and/or already done:
Removed tall Yamaha windshield and the highway bars that were mounted on
the crash bars

Muscle Seat (ordered)
Tinted Flyscreen (have here but not installed yet)
Kuryakyn ISO Grips (ordered)
Hollow C.N.C Levers from Exactrep (ordered)
Flanders B23 Drag Bars (will be ordering soon)
Green LEDs in the gauges (installed and wicked cool!)
Tail Light (LED) from ebay (installed, huge improvement from stock)

Now for the wish list (no particular order of plans here):
Marks 4 into 2 Ceramic Coated Black
Muscle Jet Kit
Galfer Brakes (SS lines, wavy rotors)

Carbon Fiber (Scoops, Headstock Covers, Gauge Cover/Console Cover, Manifold
Covers)
Chrome Vmax Logo Radiator Grille
Clear Clutch/Stator Covers
V-Stax
Wilbers Rear Piggy Back Shocks
Muscle Paint (color will remain a mystery :hmmm:)

I anticipate it taking a fair bit of time to please that fury little fella, due to limited funding. But it will be tons of fun, and 'someday' will be complete. I'm sure this list will grow/evolve over time as well (and I welcome the challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:).

So, whatcha all think? Use your imaginations here, think I'm heading in a good direction? Also, feel free to toss extra idears onto the list!

-JB

Congrats on your V Max and welcome! Looks like you scored on a really clean 97 to start with and have some nice mods in mind! I've only had mine about 3 months now but I'm finding out there's a lot of after market stuff to make these bikes your own both in looks and performance. I can tell you you're gonna love the Marks 4-2 exhaust! Good luck feeding the Mod Monkey! Mike

well, now you've gone and done it..... once you started feeding that little furry bastard he will never leave now.... Congrats on the 97', i have a 98' i bought a few years ago that i just started to really mod this year. the first thing i bought for mine was the corbin seat, which i traded for a UFO starfighter seat this year and the short factory wind screen. this year the mod monkey paid me a visit since i registered on this forum....hmmmm, it HAS to be something to do with this forum since the mod monkey stayed away for the most part until i registered here....lol. good luck with the bike, hope that monkey dont make ya go broke like he is doing to me.

I would say run like hell, but it is way too late!! My Max started out as a "bone stock" 1997 now I have to be careful ordering parts as Toxic is more of a "Yamasaki" with parts from:

2001 R1
1997 Vmax
2004 ZX6R
2004 ZX12R

Not counting all the "One Off" stuff on the bike that if it breaks I have to remember who made it to replace it.

Oh that Monkey is a bastard and he NEVER gives up. Once the list starts it never ever ends!!!!!!

By the way, nice looking bike, enjoy it!!!!

Since we all drool over pics, here's the new flyscreen and tail light/license holder installed. Both from ebay.:thumbs up:

Oh and yay, figured out the whole attachment thing so my pics arent so HUGE!
:punk:

-JB

Attachments

• FrontAngle.JPG
    FrontAngle.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 34
  • FrontStraight.JPG
    FrontStraight.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 34
  • TailAngle.JPG
    TailAngle.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 36
  • TailStraight.JPG
    TailStraight.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 38
I used to be you but I got help. With the exception of a Maxgasser seat, which by the way should be one of your first purchases, I am
more interested in mods that make it go faster or stop better. To he'll what it looks like. Well that's not totally true but I like to think that's true. You're gonna make it your own and that's what we love about our Maxes. That and the Boost that is.

Back