The new Suzuki B-King... Thoughts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lew L

Reaction score
Suzi's B-king has just what you want----- Toooooo bad it's:
1.Tooooooo UGLY

2. Toooooo heavy

3. Toooooo WIDE

4. Toooooo UGLY

BTW: Say Latheboy------- you wouldn't spent some time in the "shop" would ya????

Re: another admirer

Put that powerplant in a lightened up Mean Streak and it would be a little closer.
The Eliminator was a sleeper. If you didn't know what it was at the red light, there's a chance you just got your ass handed to you.
That's what I'd like to see. Kinda like a Pinto wagon with a big block.

1.Tooooooo UGLY

2. Toooooo heavy

3. Toooooo WIDE

4. Toooooo UGLY

BTW: Say Latheboy------- you wouldn't spent some time in the "shop" would ya????

But oh so fast...:banana:

1.Tooooooo UGLY

2. Toooooo heavy

3. Toooooo WIDE

4. Toooooo UGLY

I'll commit the cardinal sin and say that I thought the VMax was ugly when I first saw it! It took a few viewings before it grew on me. I like some of the views of the BKing, however from some angles, I still don't like it... well not yet, anyways.

I looked closely at the B-King at the bike show and even sat on it. It reminded me of sitting on a Boss Hog as it was so wide across the tank. Also just a little over styled for my tastes.

I have used the Max for all functions (street fighter, cruising around town and trips) and it performed well. I don't think the B-King will be so versatile. Couldn't figure how to make it a trip bike. Wind protection and luggage adaptability are the main problems. My hope for a new Max is just improving the weak areas (handling, tire size, braking and fuel tank range), but no major changes. If it is like the B-King, I will probably keep my old Max. On pricing, I don't see them charging a lot more than the B-King (about $13.5) for competitive reasons. Just my thoughts.....

I looked closely at the B-King at the bike show and even sat on it. It reminded me of sitting on a Boss Hog as it was so wide across the tank. Also just a little over styled for my tastes.

I have used the Max for all functions (street fighter, cruising around town and trips) and it performed well. I don't think the B-King will be so versatile. Couldn't figure how to make it a trip bike. Wind protection and luggage adaptability are the main problems. My hope for a new Max is just improving the weak areas (handling, tire size, braking and fuel tank range), but no major changes. If it is like the B-King, I will probably keep my old Max. On pricing, I don't see them charging a lot more than the B-King (about $13.5) for competitive reasons. Just my thoughts.....

+1 to that. I agree 100% that the vmax is a very versitale bike. It is one of very few bikes that can be set up for different riding styles - drag, streetfigther, highway cruiser, etc... and I think that is why it has endured soo many years virtualisely unchanged. I just hope that the versitality will be there in the new vmax model so it to can enjoy a long model run.

I moved these posts as they were hijacking another thread.

Personally I like the B-King and one of the members of the SV portal just bought one and says it's a beast!

Yoshi makes a pretty nice (small) exhaust for it that really cleans up the lines but still utilizes the exhaust valve. :thumbs up:

Stock Vmax against stock B-king wouldn't be much of a race IMO. The B-king is stupid powerful.:worthy:

I like the B-king, to me it's very much styled in the same vien as the new Max Prototype and in a very large way has stolen the thunder of what was going to be a very revolutionary bike for Yamaha.

Maybe that is what has delayed the new Max????

Over the top styling is not for everyone but when it's combined with functionality it works for me and in my eyes both the B-king and the new Max prototype are very much "over the top" in the styling department.

Rusty

Suzuki B-King

Well, I have been reading about and seeing pictures of these things for awhile now. Found them to be very interesting and really kind of liked what I saw in the pictures. Sort of "out there" and unique looking, the main reason I have always loved the V-max.

I stopped by the local Suzuki/Yamaha shop today to look for a new helmet for the significant other and they had one on the showroom floor. :surprise: I hated it!!

I really thought I liked them from the pictures but in real life it is just a fat,crazy weird looking thing. Now I own a Studebaker Avanti so I am all for crazy/weird looking vehicles but the B-king is the exact opposit of the Avanti...looks good on film but horrifying in real life....whereas the Avanti photographs horribly but looks pretty good in person.

I really have never been as instantaneously turned off by something that promises to be such a badass in all my life.

This is just my personal opinion. No offense to anyone that owns one.

Someone on my SV portal has one and just dyno'd it for a base line with 435 miles on the odo and he pulled 162 at the wheel with 97lbft of torque. These numbers were SAE corrected.:thumbs up:

Someone on my SV portal has one and just dyno'd it for a base line with 435 miles on the odo and he pulled 162 at the wheel with 97lbft of torque. These numbers were SAE corrected.:thumbs up:

That is what I mean!!! 162 at the wheel! I bet it is an absolute hoot to ride , like the max but much faster, but I am astounded at how ugly I thought it was. Immediately too, I usually take a few minutes puzzling over wheather I like something or not but I was still 20 feet away while heading towards it and going "EEeewww" all the way there.

:hmmm: I don't know maybe I was just in the wrong mood.

Hey you can always put a 426 Hemi in a VW too,doesn't do anything for me no matter how fast it is.

Nothing like riding the ugliest bike ever made right! lol

I'd still rather have the Busa instead of the B-King and keep the VMax as the "naked" bike.

I've sat on one and drooled all over it while making "Vroom-Vroom" sounds. To me it's a lot like the Max was when it was introduced, which is very unorthodox looking with out there styling that inspires a love it or hate it reaction.
It's the same reaction I get to my bike at all the H-D biker bars. It's either "Man that thing's ugly" or Wow, I love it, what the hell is that thing?"
I even said to the dealer when looking at the Bking "That things so ugly I love it, kinda like my vmax"

No one is gonna be in between on this one. To me it's a beautiful bike. And this kind of horsepower in a naked bike is almost too good to be true.

I will admit that when sitting on it the tank seems a tad too wide tho'

Rusty

With the exception of the stock cans, I like this bike. They've set the bar pretty high for Yamaha. It will be a tough call when it comes time to put my money down. I may do like Buster and get a Busa or ZX-14 and keep my old max for riding naked!

Side note: Yesterday, after 3 months on crutches, I got the cast cut off my leg and some extra screws removed.
Weather gods permitting, I'm riding next weekend!!!

Nothing like riding the ugliest bike ever made right! lol

I've woke up with worse :rofl_200:. I kinda like the look with aftermarket exhaust. I remember at one point the Vmax was called the ugliest bike. Now the chassis and obnoxious scoops are considered sexy in some engineering circles. Thats what kicks ass about opinions. Like music its what ever floats your boat. I find it interesting how styling follows trends. Like dodge's new challenger and the new camero and mustang. ppl wanted vintage looking muscle cars with a modern twist and Detroit heard them, now its just a matter of getting the message to Japan WHAT ABOUT THE VMAX!!

rock on,

Well I went the dealership today I asked about the B-King. They aren't getting one. They said MAYBE if I were to order one. I then laughed and said I wasn't buying one, just wanted to see the ugly thing so I could drool on it. :D

Back