The Odyssey PC 680 battery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
I bought one yesterday, wow these batteries crank, right out of the box. It was a $ 160. investment. I could have got one of those shitty ones - one season batteries for $ 65. but said to myself - fuk it ! and went with the best. I know most of you guys have bought these, this was the reason I knew about them in the first place, the guy at the shop was telling me he couldn't get them for a while because the military was snapping them all up first. Now I know why, what a difference on starting. Holy shit batman !

Thanks guys on the advice. :punk:

Hijack warning...
I bought the Panasonic for 85 bucks I think which also is glass mat and offers higher CCA than the stocker...:thumbs up:

Put it in with less than 100 miles on the ODO. I didn't want that acid dripping on my new bike...:bang head:

The Odyssey is an awesome battery though. 4WARND's bike came with one...

Hijack warning...
I bought the Panasonic for 85 bucks I think which also is glass mat and offers higher CCA than the stocker...:thumbs up:

Put it in with less than 100 miles on the ODO. I didn't want that acid dripping on my new bike...:bang head:

The Odyssey is an awesome battery though. 4WARND's bike came with one...

I bought the Panasonic too....I thought it was shit.
I'll sell it to you cheap if you want it ....1 yr old..... LOVE the odyssey!

Shit, mother fuk'n robbing bastards...

I know they have to make a few bucks on what they sell, but I thought I was actually paying a fair price until you guys told me other wise. I guess it does pay, to shop around.

As many say, what comes around, goes around. Maybe his shop will burn down next week....:hmmm:

However, I was very impressed how much punch it had when I started it up for the first time with the new battery. :biglaugh:

I got mine off ebay for 95 shipped. But i've also been looking for one for about a month for that price. Love it so far. Cranks strong even near freezing.

I received my PC680 yesterday, I paid $109 with free shipping on Ebay.

My Vmax is a 2006 model and the original Yuasa crap battery didn't start the bike anymore after 2 or 3 weeks of storage without recharging, also the hot start was very weak.

I installed the PC680 and I was surprised with the starting power, I don't remember that speed on the starting motor....never

I went for a ride and even when hot the starting power is incredible, the same speed as with a cool engine, the starter appear to run on Nitrous now.

Best Battery in the world.

I also bought one of the new Deltran Battery Tender Waterproof 800, its a very nice pretty small charger, excellent product.

I installed the quick connect cable in the Vmax to charge the battery without the need of take the seat off, although with the PC680 I don't think that I will need the battery tender, but its installed just in case.

Thanks guys for the recommendation, I bough both products after read the recommendation here about the Odyssey battery and Deltran battery tenders, sure both products are top quality and Ebay help to keep cost low enough :eusa_dance:

Last edited:
Anyone knows where to dispose the old V-Max battery ?

Normally, when I buy a battery for a car (locally) I bring back the old battery to the store, but in this case I bought the Odyssey on Ebay, what I need to do to dispose the old Yuasa battery ?

:ummm:

I am in Miami.

Normally, when I buy a battery for a car (locally) I bring back the old battery to the store, but in this case I bought the Odyssey on Ebay, what I need to do to dispose the old Yuasa battery ?

I am in Miami.

Most communities have a recycling center where they will take batteries... Check out what Miami has to offer. I'm sure they have something...:thumbs up:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=miami+recycling+center&btnG=Google+Search

I am in Miami.

just take it into your local walmart.....they have to take it (wont pay you for it tho....but recycling should make you feel good....lol)

Back