The official new max web site

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
firefly said:
This thing looks very similar to max:), 08 will be it! wanna bet?
this just proves that yamaha is on it and this or a very similar bike will be the new max design.

http://www.next-vmax.com/index2.html

That site has been around for over a year. If that was a prototype you saw on the street, then maybe 2008.

Buster Hymen said:
That site has been around for over a year. If that was a prototype you saw on the street, then maybe 2008.
Hasn't anybody caught on yet? A prototype in the L.A. area??? I've got some real nice ocean front property for sale in the Sahara.:eek:hyeah00:

I know the site has been around for a year but they added to it which is a very good sign , at least it is this design not the caf? ugly thing.
and if you know the history of the current max you guys should know that it was going on in Santa Monica first before production.
In fact I saw the Audi A3 in Santa Monica two years before it was sold at the dealers.
________
sc2 replay

Last edited:
Actually yes you will find sea front properties in the Sahara!!! some of the best diving / marine research areas in the world.

mikemax04 said:
Hasn't anybody caught on yet? A prototype in the L.A. area??? I've got some real nice ocean front property for sale in the Sahara.:eek:hyeah00:
________
Ford Model K history

Last edited:
Other than guaging public reaction; why run a prototype on a public street?

The Public reaction was pretty well already handled at the Tokyo auto show and through the Next-Max website linked to Yamaha's website.......

Maybe I'm missing something.....

I don't see what is different about it compared to what I saw on the Next-max site over a year ago....

It still appears that the seating, headlight and instrument cluster design has not been finalized.......

It also still has that fucked up radiator design.....

I've hit cattle guards at 80 MPH that would rip that ugly thing clean off.....

Would I buy one??? ABSOLUTLEY!!!!

Last edited:
Jayhawk said:
FWIW, the domain is registered to an entity in Japan. Could be legit.

That website was originally linked directly from Yamaha's own website...it was left up for quite a while but has since been taken down since they got all the feedback they wanted...

It was in the "STAR" section on nthe bottom right corner labeled ...."design feedback or new model design feedback" I forget which....

i dont see any add ons to that site. its the same that it has been for months

firefly said:
Actually yes you will find sea front properties in the Sahara!!! some of the best diving / marine research areas in the world.
If you read my statement again, you will notice that I specified "in the Sahara" No ocean IN the Sahara. Yamaha has all the facilities it needs to test their product under any condition. No need to come to the L.A. area for anything except buyers. I DO agree that we will see it in 2007, cause I can't wait much longer. If anything, you saw a custom Max or you're smoking more than just Camel fags.:smoke000: :eek:hyeah00:

The '07 is already out, same design as '06's. They're in the showroom floor.

maleko89 said:
The '07 is already out, same design as '06's. They're in the showroom floor.
I know Mark that the 07 is already out and it came out in 06. Just my feeling that we will see it in the year 2007. I've been saying this from the start and if it's a no-show next year, I'll be eating crow. Not really all that bad with some BBQ sauce and a beer to wash it down.:icon_jook:

mikemax04 said:
If you read my statement again, you will notice that I specified "in the Sahara" No ocean IN the Sahara. Yamaha has all the facilities it needs to test their product under any condition. No need to come to the L.A. area for anything except buyers. I DO agree that we will see it in 2007, cause I can't wait much longer. If anything, you saw a custom Max or you're smoking more than just Camel fags.:smoke000: :eek:hyeah00:
My local dealer told me he just sold a 2007 .... I asked him what it looked like and he said its the same as usual.... new design wont be out til possibly '08.
Randy

And ofcourse to get one down here I will have to speacial order it.

They don't send them here, the new ones. All current ones are used imported from Japan or Australia. But even if it comes out in 2008 I should have my '88 paid off by then and ready to get the new one.

As for this new site, I wont believe it till I see pics of it actually being ridden on a road or track.

All the ones I've seen so far have had no side stand, indicators, tail light, headlight....

As for the radiator thing, that's the same setup you'll see on most sportsbikes if you removed the fairings. So I doubt it'll be soo close to the road to get ripped off.

Back