The OFFICIAL "What I think of the K9 VMax" thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hey guys, dump all your thoughts , mods you'd do and bitching here about the K9 VMax. It will be easier than the 5 or 6 threads going now! :biglaugh:

Looks awesome! Killer technology. Massive power.

Not as much power as promised. Heavier than anticipated. Costly.

Still, I want it.

Mike

I really can't handle the "Intelligent Monster" tag line... sounds just too gay...

I dig it. I would hate to view the electrical schematic. :) Instead of charging problems we're going to have gauge problems, variable intake problems, etc. I can't afford it. :bang head:

Have mixxed feelings about the new vmax
I would be alot happier if it broke 200BHP
I would be belighted if it was only $18000 here
But it does look great

I like some of the changes like the tach/speedo combo with the shift light, but all the other electrics and the fuel injection. I think they just engineered it right out of the owner's garage, and at a shop rate of $80/hr at the local dealers places I can't afford to have it break down.

$18k pricetag wow, My 07's paid for, and its the way I want it so thats another plus :punk:

Re: Here 'tis, boys--NEW MAX!!!!!!!!

Better than I had hoped for. The new dream machine. Can't wait to get mine.

BUT having done such a brilliant job an the engineering and overall technical package I'm disappointed on some the purely functional (and basic) features like....15 litre tank:confused2: and non adjustable hand controls :confused2:

I dont see a problem with the price compared to what other "power cruisers" are out there..

Being 3 hp less than what we thought (200) doesn't bother me at all....and twice as much torque as my 2006 v max makes me way happy....

If todays max has enough torque with similar weight to bother some so called fast bikes then hat does twice as much do? i will wait to see the first drag tests....

i love the styling. the detailing is 50 times better than the old bike.

Maybe it just me but DAMN ! ! ! That's one ugly bike.

I mean while the old Max wasn't a beauty queen, it looked fierce . . . this one looks all kinds of awkward.

Please no flaming as it's only personal taste but I'd rather buy an old Max, pour money and parts at it.

Just my 0.02

I like everything but the headlight. Glad they're keeping production limited - I like the whole cult-bike thing. :punk:

I like some of the changes like the tach/speedo combo with the shift light, but all the other electrics and the fuel injection. I think they just engineered it right out of the owner's garage, and at a shop rate of $80/hr at the local dealers places I can't afford to have it break down.

$18k pricetag wow, My 07's paid for, and its the way I want it so thats another plus :punk:

C'mon KJ. Don't let this bad boy intimidate you with it's technology. It's time to upgrade your skill sets as well as your ride.

When the V-max was launched in '85 electronically controlled ignition timing and advance, solid state vacuum pressure sensors and diode pack rectifier regulators were drawing the same comments from riders of that day who were familiar with kettering ignition.

EFI is not complicated. You just need to read-up a bit and learn how to use some new tools.

I believe the after market will respond quickly in this direction when the max starts appearing at the drag strip. This is the basic machine and a developers toy box.

It won't be long before the first ECU (powerchip) chip mods are available and diagnostics can and will be done with after market harness hookups, pc's, diagnostic software and data loggers that will make it easier to pin point problems.

I for one will be glad to be rid of the antiquated carbs, electrics and electronics of the original (which are beyond the ability of an average rider to diagnose and maintain).

With forum's like this it won't take long for the skills to be shared.

To make this bike the way I would want it it would cost $30K including the bike, not worth it to me! The black gothic theme does little for me! chroming this or any bike out as I have learned this past winter is a nightmare!!!

:hmmm: That's a very small pillion passenger 'footprint'.
Looks like I have to upgrade my pillion passenger.

She's not going to be happy about it. :confused2:

Attachments

• pillion seat.jpg
    pillion seat.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 14
Looks to plastic for my liking , looking at it , it seems to be more of a sport bike than the original muscle tag . I was expecting more of a statement from Yamaha but maybe it wasnt financally viable but time will tell , i bet it handles like it on rails tho . All of us with gen 1 models should now be riding future collectables even with there faults :clapping:

Funny thing is I agree with pretty much all the opinions so far. I guess you can say I have mixed feelings on this new max - For me, I want to see and try this bike before making my final decision on whether I want/like it or not.

So for now, I'll keep riding and loving my (bought and paid for) vmax for what it is, an original legend and one hell of a fun ride.

Mike

Funny thing is I agree with pretty much all the opinions so far. I guess you can say I have mixed feelings on this new max - For me, I want to see and try this bike before making my final decision on whether I want/like it or not.

So for now, I'll keep riding and loving my (bought and paid for) vmax for what it is, an original legend and one hell of a fun ride.

Mike

I love it already. However, I couldn't have said it better:clapping:

One more thing I noticed, I don't see a center stand.

Back