VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im trying T6 for the first time... So far gear changes are noticeably easier... But I ride a 30 year old Honda... LOL!! Before the T6 it was T5 and that has worked very well also!

Hey,
I'm new to this forum....i have an oil leak question. This issue just raised its head late last season. It seems to be coming from up under the "tank" and drips/runs down over the top pans. mostly left sided. after a 15 - 20 minute run you will notice the oil on the choke lever and area.

Had it to the shop and there was a small bit in the breather nothing serious. He said it may be the rings, but i think otherwise...the beast pulls like a freight train, i don't see any blue or black smoke from the exhaust.

Any suggestions.

thanks in advance.

So I've ran Yamalube 20w50 all last year hard shifting and metal on plug. Changed it to Mobil One 4T and clutch slipped... changed ot to Rotella amd OMG!!!! smoothest shifting ive ever felt on the max! No clutch slip anymore just amazing. I'm Sold!!!! I think the purolator filter is the biggest filter I have found so I will use that even tho yellow doesn't really match the blue and black bike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I think the purolator filter is the biggest filter I have found so I will use that even tho yellow doesn't really match the blue and black bike

Freeze a can of your favorite canned product, open the top first.

When frozen cut off top of can with hacksaw.

Slip over oil filter, I've found about any 16 beer is the exactly correct diameter. I use Mobil m-110 filters

Makes a cool filter cover,

Slip over oil filter, I've found about any 16 beer is the exactly correct diameter. I use Mobil m-110 filters

What exactly is 16 beer?????

Rusty, you came up with that idea while having a popsickle I bet? Now, the secret is, get rid of the water and just drink what didn't freeze.

Ok so I here Rotella is the way to go.... can someone please tell me which one?

Is it number one:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...+T+15W-40+Diesel+Motor+Oil,+5+L.jsp?locale=en

Or number two:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...Synthetic+Diesel+Motor+Oil,+5+L.jsp?locale=en

Or neither of the above? Greatly appreciated..

Ron

1 is dino, 2 is synthetic

most guys run the dino i believe, and i would, but if you want synthetic its the 2nd link. i think the 5w is a little light for our bikes.

the dino I like best...the syn goes on sale at cdn tire lots for like 25 bucks....what I use in my truck

Use the 1st one - dino oil. Crappy tire puts it on sale every now and then just stock up when they do.

Dale 32592

the dino stuff is usally like $25 i think for 2.5 gallons at walmart.

So I've ran Yamalube 20w50 all last year hard shifting and metal on plug. Changed it to Mobil One 4T and clutch slipped... changed ot to Rotella amd OMG!!!! smoothest shifting ive ever felt on the max! No clutch slip anymore just amazing. I'm Sold!!!!

Which Rotella did you switch to? There are three versions now, dino, full syn and blended. :confused2:

Went down to the local NAPA today. No Rotella Diesel blend in stock. I went with Valvoline Diesel 15 / 40 instead. Not seen much on this thread about that choice but 40 pages of threads is like going through War and Peace. Any opinions out there about Valvoline Diesel engine oil ?
To be precise; Valvoline premium blue heavy duty diesel oil @15/40 weight.

Chris.

Went down to the local NAPA today. No Rotella Diesel blend in stock. I went with Valvoline Diesel 15 / 40 instead. Not seen much on this thread about that choice but 40 pages of threads is like going through War and Peace. Any opinions out there about Valvoline Diesel engine oil ?

Chris.

There is an additive in the Rotella that's good for our clutch, I want to say its zinc but not sure. I put it in mine and does seem to be smoother, and easier to find neutral . Have to read through the threads and find out. I'm not sure about the valvoline though? If I find it I'll post a link here.

Chris.

Just make sure that the valvoline doesn't have any detergents in it, & check if it has zinc in it thats what makes it shift smoother & why a lot of use the Rotella

Back