The other V4

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max_caper

Reaction score
Just read about the new Honda VFR. It's new for 2010 and puts some serious sport into the sport-touring market. Honda claims 172 crank HP from the new 1200+ cc engine. Cycle Canada says price will be around $21,000 (about the same as the ST1300). This bike may be an interesting alternative to any prospective Gen-2 Max purchasers who want lots of go but perhaps a bit more functionality.

Cheers!

Blaine

I read the same article yesterday - the bike doesn't have the muscle-bike appearance of the VMAX , but I still like it. We'll see if it really makes it to full production...

Honda is pretty good at pumping numbers out at press releases and falling short when the bike is released.

cough cough....CBR1100 XX.

It's hideous :barf:... the exhaust looks like it belongs to an arm of a transformer:shot:

That Honda VFR is FUGLY! It will fail, much like the Suzuki B-King. My prediction.

Elimax

That Honda VFR is FUGLY! It will fail, much like the Suzuki B-King. My prediction.

Elimax

The B-king does have that love or hate it look. Lots of folks were polarized by the look of the 'Busa when it arrived on the scene.

I'm sure that anyone looking at a high-output sport-touring bike will probably be eye-balling this VFR. If Honda is successful with this formula I'd like to see what Kawi plans on doing with its 1400 Concours. How about an FJR with a Gen-2 engine?!?

Blaine

The V4's are making some noise in the marketing side of things once again, let's hope for development of the breed!
There is more here Blaine - Honda 1200

When I was shopping for a new bike I considered a V4 b/c it's a great engine config. I wanted something more upright than the VFR 800 but the ST1300 was too expensive. Hopefully there'll be more choices for future buyers.

Sorry, all. I should have checked a bit closer before re-starting this thread.

Blaine

here's the V-4 that I want... As compact as a 250 gp bike with 180 crank hp and only 394 lbs. not too shabby :)

b_aprilia-rsv4_2009_t.jpg

a_aprilia-rsv4_2009.jpg

here's the V-4 that I want... As compact as a 250 gp bike with 180 crank hp and only 394 lbs. not too shabby :)

b_aprilia-rsv4_2009_t.jpg

a_aprilia-rsv4_2009.jpg
I like this one too. Hopefully they will evolve it to a sport touring type setup. Yeah, that and win the lottery I'd be golden! :eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back