The reason I sold the Max..................

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulibiker

Reaction score
PEANUT2.jpg

PEANUT.jpg

My wife and I are foster parents and it looks like we will probably be adopting this little girl. We've had her for about 5 months and she has really touched our family. Never planned on it, but life is weird sometimes.

Man am I going to be old when she graduates........:yelrotflmao::doh:

BTW I already have $3000 saved for my next Vmax, so if anyone knows of one that needs a little work please let me know.

PEANUT2.jpg

PEANUT.jpg

My wife and I are foster parents and it looks like we will probably be adopting this little girl. We've had her for about 5 months and she has really touched our family. Never planned on it, but life is weird sometimes.

Man am I going to be old when she graduates........:yelrotflmao::doh:

BTW I already have $3000 saved for my next Vmax, so if anyone knows of one that needs a little work please let me know.

Gratz man :clapping:

They are precious at this age :) You can always get another bike when the time is right. Here's a reason I almost sold mine :) Good folks on this forum convinced me to keep it after all. She's at that stage where she wants to be with daddy, ALL the time, riding is not a priority lol. I'm ok with that. :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 2012-05-12 12.42.01.jpg
    2012-05-12 12.42.01.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 32
Congratz!
I dont know where you are located but there is a real clean stock 85 in houston for $2500

Congrats . I can't think of a better reason to sell a VMax . ( Not many more though . LOL ) Let us know where you are , as I see 3 or 4 every week somewhere for around that $ 3K number . Check out here , VMOA web site , E-Bay , Craigs List , local bike dealerships. Don't be in a hurry . You'll find a good one. ( Assuming that baby doesn't go through that money first . LOl )

Congratz!
I dont know where you are located but there is a real clean stock 85 in houston for $2500

That would be right up my alley.........does it have the option 2nd gear "slip"? :rofl_200:

Congrats . I can't think of a better reason to sell a VMax . ( Not many more though . LOL ) Let us know where you are , as I see 3 or 4 every week somewhere for around that $ 3K number . Check out here , VMOA web site , E-Bay , Craigs List , local bike dealerships. Don't be in a hurry . You'll find a good one. ( Assuming that baby doesn't go through that money first . LOl )

Des Moines, Iowa...............

Not a lot of Vmax's around here. There would definitely be a "finders fee/beer" for someone if they pointed me in the right direction.

Girls are GREAT!! i have 2. You can always buy another max later. Enjoy the moment that will give you precious memories for the rest of your life!

I spent many Sundays, years ago, with the bike parked and all my friends doing the weekly ride. It was well worth it though, because today my son remembers and talks about it to me.
When I had my second son I sold the bike,and was allowed to retire from the organization I belonged to. It was time for total dedication to family.
I went a few years without a ride, but no regrets. Today I can ride free knowing I did it right back then.

thats awesome man. my little one is just about 8 months and would sell anything i own for her if i needed to!

Attachments

• DSCN0524.jpg
    DSCN0524.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 10

Not a lot of Vmax's around here. There would definitely be a "finders fee/beer" for someone if they pointed me in the right direction.[/QUOTE]
There's a few in the Chicagoland area, this one for example, you can probably talk him way down since it needs some carb work.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/mcy/3035133109.html

Looks like he has two ads for the same bike, from what he says it started to run rough after winter, sounds like a simple fix.

thats awesome man. my little one is just about 8 months and would sell anything i own for her if i needed to!
What is it about those big ass flowers, my wife LOVES putting them on our 10 month old :rofl_200:She said its cute, I tell her give her a 10mm wrench so she can work with daddy on his motorcycle, lol.

Nothing's more important.Your choice is love .thank god for all the parents that give the gift of love.Little ones give it right back.

I was fortunate to keep the bike I had when my daughter was born. We lived in a different state from my ex-wife's family. I typically only rode to and from work, but when my ex would go visit her family I would stay home because I couldn't afford to go too, so I rode more while they were away. I always went home after work and had a great time with my family, which is why my daughter chose to live with me instead of my ex when we divorced. And yes, knowing that my daughter lives with me instead of my ex, even though I'm the disciplinarian, still makes me smile...even though my daughter is a know-it-all teenager.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family man. My wife rides too, and she took a few years off when the kids were born. Her only request to me was keep the life insurance current and dont ride outside my comfort zone.

Mine are 10 and 13 this year, and I still ride alot less than I used to. However they are both big enough to ride with dad, and each has a favorite bike of mine that they prefer to be on. Wife has been back to ridding for 4 years now too.

Your doing the right thing for you and your family.
Regards,
R

Not a lot of Vmax's around here. There would definitely be a "finders fee/beer" for someone if they pointed me in the right direction.
There's a few in the Chicagoland area, this one for example, you can probably talk him way down since it needs some carb work.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/mcy/3035133109.html

Looks like he has two ads for the same bike, from what he says it started to run rough after winter, sounds like a simple fix.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, going out of town for a week will call when I get back.....

That's almost exactly like what I'm looking for.

Latest posts

Back