• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted the saddlebags 2.0

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcar

Reaction score
Hello my dear Vmax friends. Today I turn to you from afar, from Hamburg in Germany. How big must the desperation be, you ask yourself, that this guy contacts us here. Yes, I admit, I'm desperately looking for the original saddlebags for my Vmax 1700. In any case, I'm only looking for items that are in very good condition, preferably new. Whether I'll be more successful here than in Germany, I have no idea, but I'm not giving up hope. beste regards from Carsten

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 7
Hello my dear Vmax friends. Today I turn to you from afar, from Hamburg in Germany. How big must the desperation be, you ask yourself, that this guy contacts us here. Yes, I admit, I'm desperately looking for the original saddlebags for my Vmax 1700. In any case, I'm only looking for items that are in very good condition, preferably new. Whether I'll be more successful here than in Germany, I have no idea, but I'm not giving up hope. beste regards from Carsten
Was one of Motörhead’s favourite places to play!

Welcome . How many other VMax sites have you tried ? The bags turn up for sale once in a while , but don't last long. Be ready when it happens if you just have to get a set.

Actually, I'm only in another forum in Germany, but my search goes through Facebook and ebay.

You may and already have. I will try to take some photos of the bags today. The only damage on the bags can be seen in the photos of the bike with the bags on. It is a small tear in the vinyl above the metal trim cover. Other than that, they work great and look good. I think they finish off the look of the Gen 2.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/20394475231...,osub=osub,crd=crd,segname=segname,chnl=mkcid
I almost had the bags, he sold them for $300 plus $100 in freight. However, there was no shipping to Germany in the auction. So I asked. The moment he replied that he would have sent it to Germany, someone else bought it immediately. I was so angry, believe me. The bags were brand new and even the small rear bag was included! So there is still luck and I will definitely not pay 1000 dollars for these things, at some point there will be another opportunity, you just have to be able to wait and see.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-12 um 18.12.00.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-12 um 18.12.00.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-12 um 17.53.24.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-12 um 17.53.24.png
    39 KB · Views: 13
https://www.ebay.de/itm/20394475231...,osub=osub,crd=crd,segname=segname,chnl=mkcid
I almost had the bags, he sold them for $300 plus $100 in freight. However, there was no shipping to Germany in the auction. So I asked. The moment he replied that he would have sent it to Germany, someone else bought it immediately. I was so angry, believe me. The bags were brand new and even the small rear bag was included! So there is still luck and I will definitely not pay 1000 dollars for these things, at some point there will be another opportunity, you just have to be able to wait and see.

Next time just buy them first. If the seller won't ship to you, he will refund your money

Falls Du Hilfe beim verschicken brauchst ... Ich wohne in Phoenix / Arizona

Thorsten

Falls Du Hilfe beim verschicken brauchst ... Ich wohne in Phoenix / Arizona

Thorsten
Gerne, halt doch bitte auch die Augen auf und wenn Du was findest, lass es mich wissen! Wie kommst Du nach Arizona??

Flugzeug, Schiff dauert zu lange. :D

Just kidding. Hatte nen Job hier angenommen, 8 Jahre her.

Hello dear Vmax friends, I send you many greetings from warm and sunny Germany (yes, we also have a few days with really nice weather....).

Good news: I finally succeeded, after a long search, find a pair of original Vmax 2. Gen saddlebags.
Even if the price is in the upper limit, they were worth it to me.

Because I think the condition is nice, apart from a little few scratches on the vinyl, they seem very okay. I would like to have the bags covered with real leather at some point, this would again involve costs, but it would also be unique. It is a Projekt for winter!
I even have someone in Germany who does that.

Most of the bags that were offered to me were beyond good and bad, some really battered or neglected. It's a pity that there isn't a new edition of these bags, because with their streamlined design they are simply made for the rear of the Vmax.

I have already been informed about all the disadvantages of these bags, including that they are very small and therefore impractical, but I buy them more for the looks.

Attachments

• VMAX Taschen aus Holland 9.jpg
    VMAX Taschen aus Holland 9.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2022  Taschen Vmx 4.jpg
    2022 Taschen Vmx 4.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2022  Taschen Vmx 5.jpg
    2022 Taschen Vmx 5.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2022 Taschen Vmx 1.jpg
    2022 Taschen Vmx 1.jpg