The skeleton bike!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Trying to figure out where the gas tank is... and check out that rigid front suspension!

Attachments

• skeleton.jpg
    skeleton.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 41
  • skeleton5.jpg
    skeleton5.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 33
  • skeleton2.jpg
    skeleton2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 32
  • skeleton3.jpg
    skeleton3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 20
  • skeleton4.jpg
    skeleton4.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 21
  • skeleton6.jpg
    skeleton6.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 32
markmax said:
maybe it's in the big ugly box on the front.

I think the ugly box on the front is an enclosure for the rad. I think Shawn is right, the gas is probably stored in the spine, so I'm sure it doesn't go far on a "tank" of gas. Is the motor a Harley twin? It is hard to tell from the picture.

Not a hardley anything. After looking a bit closer, looks to be an I-4 car motor.

You can clearly see the intake and carb on the one side of the bike along with the Alt. On the other side, looks like he did a costime 4 into 2 system for the exhaust.

That or it's a smaller I-3 from like a Geo metro/Ford aspire or something like that.

Bix box is definitly a radiator and it looks like the fuel tank is under the seat. If you look close, there is a rounded tank under there. My guess is that it might hold 1-2gal and with that engine, could mean the bike is capable of 40-50miles.

Awesome bike for this time of the year. Imaging all the lil kids you could scare with that thing if the skull head's eye's light up red <EG>

Last edited:
Buster do you have any more info on this where you found the pic?

My guess is that its a cosworth vega engine.

Lew L said:
As many of these types of bikes are "works of art" / trailer queens----- it's gas tank optional..

I think Lew is right. Doesn't look like it ever ran from the looks of the three discs. They are still all shiny and new with no marks on them. Also has no chain on the sprocket. From the looks of the front end, it no doubt handles worse than what some say the Max does. It most likely was fun to put together but riding Bones is another story.

shawn kloker said:
Buster do you have any more info on this where you found the pic?

My guess is that its a cosworth vega engine.

I was given a link to another bike forum that had it, but they didn't know the background on it. I tried looking around for info on it, but haven't been able to find anything. I found another skeleton bike, but doesn't really have the same effect.

Attachments

• JFSB-CRW_6203.jpg
    JFSB-CRW_6203.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 15
  • JFSB-CRW_6222.jpg
    JFSB-CRW_6222.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 9
  • JFSB-CRW_6424.jpg
    JFSB-CRW_6424.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 17
  • JFSB-CRW_6425.jpg
    JFSB-CRW_6425.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 9
Sorry, but on that second one, it just looks like the rider is (pardon the pun) boneing the skeleton!

With the rider off, the bike looks a bit well, whorish? I dunno, can't find the right term for a skeleton that has it's has up in the air like that, lol.

I still think it takes a lot of skill & hard work, but damn, it looks like a cat in heat:rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back