The Struie Run

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eoggy

Reaction score
Living in the highlands, bikers up here are blessed with some of the best runs in the world... Although I guess every biker thinks that, but for us, its actually true.

Not far from my garage door is a run called 'The Struie' where rumour has it that Ewan MacGregor was in the area some time ago and asked a local if they could point him in the right direction of this fabled run.

Anyway, the sun was shining on one sunny Sunday afternoon so i decided to strap on my newly purchased £20 ($24.94) actioncam i got from Amazon firmly to my handlebars and tried my hand at videoing the struie run.

Heres my efforts:

[youtube]Nf-BozZbaegs[/youtube]

Video captured in 1080p... audio caputured using to bakedbean tins and a piece of string.

best viewed full screen.

All the best

Eoghan

The screen is solid black for me, it doesn't show any video. I believe you have to use a video-sharing site to get something to upload and to play.

Country two-lane, broken pavement, gets twisty. Hedgerows, stone walls just-off the road, very unforgiving. Armco barriers, l'il red hatchback, wire fencing, infrequent oncoming traffic, grey van, curves ahead, curves behind, compact car, a downhill to some water. Viaduct in stone, uphill turns, nothing spaced for runoff, and that's it.

Seems like something I wouldn't want to do in the dark. A good relaxed pace, giving yourself time to react to something unexpected.

That looks very similar to a pair of local runs in my area that border a river. Beautiful scenery!

Latest posts

Back