The stuff we buy for the ones we love...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatter

Reaction score
So, a week or so before the Eureka Springs rally. Krystal (my GF) and I went the dealership I bought my Max from, looking for something bigger than her worn Vulcan 500 for her to ride.

We were there all day at this LARGE dealership. Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki in one part, Honda in another building across the lot, and a Preowned building behind both.

We tried all three places, Either the bikes weren't right or the prices weren't right.

So while we were at the Honda building, we found the bike we (she) wanted.

The salesman that met us at the door, (mind you, we had had talked to 2 other salesmen and 2 other managers, our "deal sheet" where we had priced all the bikes looked like a novel), anyway, the sales man didn't want to deal with us, after looking at our "book" and when I ask about the price and what the payments would be"just for shits and giggles", he started being an ass.
He said he would work up a deal IF that was the bike we wanted, HE didn't do deals just for "shits and giggles"

Well that pissed Krystal off, she was ready to go. It ticked me off too, but I stayed put. The salesman, Recco started throwing out out deals, going to the manager and back with a better deal, then going back and getting a better deal when I kept saying 'No, you have get the payment lower".

He was one of those 'oh I just done you a huge favor' -type salesman. We finally stalled on our deal, whith him being way higher on payment than I wanted to go. His last words to me was "This is the best deal you're going to get, and its today only!" What crap. We walked out.

So then we go to the VMOA rally in Eureka Springs, and along with my tire fiasco, when we got home, Krystal's Vulcan had a transmission whine loud enough that I could have heard it over HeadKocker's exhaust! It was shot.

So Wednesday of last week, I got a phone call out of the blue from the dealership.

It was a different salesman, (it seems Recco had an 'accident' at work and would be off awhile.)

The new salesman, Brandon asked me what it would take to get me back up there (150 miles) to get the bike. I shot him a LOWBALL (I thought) payment number. He said he'd have to check with the manager on that, and he would call me back.

Sure, do that.

Then they played dirty. They said YES.

So, as of Saturday, I and the bank, am the owner of a brand new left-over 2007 Honda VTX 1300C that I got for a damn good price.

And I can't wait to drive up on it at the dealership when that asshat Recco is there...

Attachments

• VTX_07-18-10_1755.jpg
    VTX_07-18-10_1755.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 57
  • VTX_07-18-10_1752.jpg
    VTX_07-18-10_1752.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 49
  • VTX_07-18-10_4temp.jpg
    VTX_07-18-10_4temp.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 07-18-10_1750.jpg
    07-18-10_1750.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 43
  • VTX_07-18-10_2temp.jpg
    VTX_07-18-10_2temp.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 40
Good on you Hatter. She'll probably be honking at you constantly wanting you to go through the twisties faster and faster now. And maybe, just maybe - in time she'll lead the way and be able to leave you behind now that she's got more CC's?

Congrats to you both!!! I enjoyed riding with you both at Eurika Springs:biglaugh:
I hate salemen like that. Rub it in his face really good:th_flipthebird:

Good on ya for walking out on the asshat! I hate it when they act like they are only "offering you this deal as a huge favor" bullshit!!

Only problem is he will get part of the commission for being the first contact.

I thank God for the asshole that screwed me over.
Before I bought the max, I had put a deposit down on a 06` hyabusa and when I came back to pay it off, the salesman told me that the manager had sold it and that they would put the deposit back on my card,:ummm: I was pissed so I told him and the manager what I thought of them both and swore never to come back not even for a spark plug which led to me finding my baby only 50 miles away up in big bear city.and I`ve been in love ever since !!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
Had that not have happened, I wouldn`t know about this site and all of my friends here.
The lord works in mysterious ways and I`m glad for it.
<<Dave>:punk:

Only problem is he will get part of the commission for being the first contact.

Maybe, but he wasn't first contact, and if he does get it, it will be for A LOT less than it would be for his last offer.

Even the manager asked Brandon why Recco didn't get to my price... :ummm:

It's actually more fun to ride than I thought it would be. While accelaration was ... well, pretty sick compared to a Max, it has no trouble getting around traffic. I will keep the stock pipes on it. I actually like QUIET bikes. It goes back to when I was sneaking home at all hours of the night, LOL

Quiet pipes BLASFAMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to sse you made out good on your deal hatter, i'am sure you made Krystal happy.:eusa_dance: i just purchased a stock fender,with a (SISSY bar) to make Jennie happy, i'll only use it when we go on trips though, so i know what you meen when you say (the stuff you do for the ones you love). Keeping the loud pipes though!!!!:biglaugh:

So I have been riding the VTX to work, seeing how comfortable it was, how smooth the ride was, and that it didn't head-shake at 100+ :biglaugh:, and damned if I didn't get home to see a chrome colored Mod Monkey dukeing it out with the old one thats been hanging around since '07. What to do, what to do? :confused2:

Mean Bastard too, He turned to me and yelled " Buy Risors, floorboards, Studded Saddlebags, and Chrome. Lots and lots of Chrome! "

oh, wait. :ummm:

That was Krystal...

Nevermind...

:biglaugh:

First of all, Hatter, how do you get VTX riding time out from under Krystal. I thought she'd sure be riding her new bike to HER work each and every day - at least at first.

Secondly, ............are you saying you think Krystal looks like a monkey..???? Dude, you are in serious trouble IF she reads this forum.

First of all, Hatter, how do you get VTX riding time out from under Krystal. I thought she'd sure be riding her new bike to HER work each and every day - at least at first.

LOL I reckon she's getting Max time while he's on the VTX (shhh don't tell him!)

Secondly, ............are you saying you think Krystal looks like a monkey..???? Dude, you are in serious trouble IF she reads this forum.

I dunno about looks, but sure I can see some parallels between girlfriends and mod monkeys when it comes to getting things YOU want and lightening the wallet load... :clapping::worthy:

Latest posts

Back