The Super Bowl

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
What a great game! It's good to watch a great Super bowl since there have been too many yawners over the years.
Now for some partisanship, It was looking pretty grim for the Patriots after the first half and most of the third quarter. The Falcons played a very strong game but then either they let up or the Patriots stepped up, whatever it was the later stages of the third quarter to the end of the game was all Patriots. It was done in a classic Bill Belichek coached team fashion in that they found a chink in the armor and went to work.
Tom Brady spent more time than usual being sacked but he got up each time to try again. Great game from him and he set a Super bowl record in the process!

The Patriots have been great for a very long time ( in football years ) the constant being Belichick AND Brady . It's way more than just luck...hard to imagine another run like this happening in ANY sport...enjoy this sports saga , whether you love or hate the Pats you can appreciate what they have done for the game . :punk:

As a Georgian I wanted the Falcons to win and things looked great until they collapsed. The better team won. Overall it was a fun (but sad) game to watch.

Atlanta fans now know what it feels like to be a Buffalo Bills fan:damn angry: Now lets see if they can get there 3 more time in a row.

Three people left where I was watching in the third quarter. Maybe they didn't have the faith or hadn't seen what this team can accomplish. Fireworks were going off in my neighborhood for a good hour. Greatest comeback I've ever seen in football. One for the ages. Go Pat's!

Ah, The Curse of Marv Levy!

The Bills had a great quarterback, one of the first of the great U-Miami quarterbacks, Jim Kelly. They got to the big game but always the bridesmaid, as they say.

First was the 20-19 heartbreaker, when the New York Giants kept the ball more than 40 minutes and Scott Norwood's 47-yard field goal slipped just right at the end.

Then the 37-24 whipping by Washington.

Then a 52-17 mashing by Dallas, which included nine Buffalo turnovers.

Then a 30-13 loss in a Cowboys rematch, when the Bills led 13-6 at halftime but were outscored 24-0 in the second half.

How could it happen to a powerhouse that won its four conference title games by a combined score of 120-33, beating Joe Montana, John Elway and Dan Marino? The Bills had future Hall of Famers in Levy and Kelly, running back Thurman Thomas, receiver James Lofton and defensive end Bruce Smith. They owned the AFC.

"We were like the Brooklyn Dodgers of the '50s," Polian said, "a great team that didn't win it all. Except the Dodgers did win one."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...01-30-lopresti-buffalo-bills-super-bowl_N.htm

Atlanta fans now know what it feels like to be a Buffalo Bills fan:damn angry: Now lets see if they can get there 3 more time in a row.

I hate a thief:damn angry:

Thief's & liars....and they often come in the same package!

The Texas Rangers are on the case now.....probly advisable for this particular perp to drop the jersey off at the nearest police station....post haste!!

On a side note, perhaps a new term is created.....Jersey-Gate!! :biglaugh:

In Brady's presentation and subsequent Q & A He was very low key about the Jersey. LINK: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/02...the-end-of-his-mvp-press-conference-video/Tom even got in, at the end, a plug for his college alma mater Michigan by responding "Go Blue Baby" to a reporter saying "Go Blue"!
The man is pure class letting Gooddell's rep shatter on it's own, he has risen above the conflict while the commish wallow in the fans ire.
Good to hear they are going after the thief!

The other part of the story. The news is reporting that the jersey has a sports memorabilia value of possibly between 250 and 500 grand. That's a major heist. Someone might want to return that.

I wonder if Brady's jersey is already in Moscow sitting next to Robert Kraft's Super Bowl ring. :rofl_200:

Hell of a game though. I was born in Atlanta, and spent a good bit of my youth in that city. I'll never go back to that city again. Too many bad memories. And being a die hard Saints fan I couldn't find it within me root for the dirty birds.

So I was rooting for the Pats just for the sake of seeing history being made. Certainly couldn't have asked for such an unforgettable game for Brady to get that 5th ring. Pretty remarkable that at 39 in the NFL to still be at the top of his game. I'm sure his wife is ready for him to retire. I mean that's almost a Hollywood ending to a Hall of Fame career.

No truth to the rumor Dan Marino took it so he can wear a SB winner's jersey.

Jim Kelly falls into the same category!

Just for kicks I went back and watched a few videos on the Bills during there hay day, around 1990. I grew up 20 minutes from the stadium, and lived all of it, but I forgot how really good they were. The AFC championship game in 1990 was against the raiders. 51-3 Buffalo.

The Patriots are in great shape for next season and should be potentially better. We get our draft picks back and have some in reserve, but a free agent splash is likely too. It looks like there is great value in trading Jimmy Garapollo for a 1st or two 2nd round picks. A lot of Patriot success is how they handle the cap. It doesn't hurt having a couple of Hall of Famer's either. I think Dion Lewis was not fully rehabbed and might have gotten injured again before the big game. James White sure picked up the slack in the S.B. His own case for MVP was made for certain.

For some reason the Pats pick up train wrecks from other teams and turn them into All-Pros...Corey Dillon , Blount , Hogan etc . Other teams pick up All-Pros and turn them into average players...Suh , Freeney etc . :confused2:

Latest posts

Back