The Vmax seat thread! The all seat thread!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: VMAX Seats

I have had a UFO Starfighter seat for 3 years and it still looks brand new....and it has always felt great. The lowering job is impeccable and after a 200 mile ride, with a few fuel stops thrown in, my butt still didn't hurt.

J J

Looking for some seat advice;

I went from stock to Maxgasser, an improvement, but not real happy with it. The butt still goes numb, from 30min. to about 50, unless that 50 is on rough back roads.

Has anyone found something they like better?

Thanks.

Dialtapper,

Maxgasser seems to be pretty highly recomended, I would contact them seeing if you can do an exchange to see if there might be something wrong with that specific one.

I cant really give any advice, I am about to order a seat from morely.

I had Sean redo my seat, originally in a full cut due to that I weigh 275 (at that time), but I found that the crown of the seat was what was causing numbness. I sent it back to Sean and he reworked it into a flat profile, a profile like the FJR seat has. I now have no issues while riding long distances (5-600 mile days) and have 0 numbness issues.
I'd definatly talk to Rick for recomendations.

Looking for some seat advice;

I went from stock to Maxgasser, an improvement, but not real happy with it. The butt still goes numb, from 30min. to about 50, unless that 50 is on rough back roads.

Has anyone found something they like better?

Thanks.

Whats the problem? did you buy the MAXGASSER from me? Havent had to many complaints................................................But I aim to please so let me know what the trouble is and maybe we can work it out. I can do harder or softer foam if you think thats the trouble.

I am a fan of Corbin seats. Have had on two Maxes and several other bikes thru the years. The foam is firm which helps support on a long trip. The main thing is they are wide and spread the "load" evenly so there are no hot spots. I have taken many trips that required 500 mile a day average and have been very happy with the Corbins. They also have an easily added/removed backrest available.

Whats the problem? did you buy the MAXGASSER from me? Havent had to many complaints................................................But I aim to please so let me know what the trouble is and maybe we can work it out. I can do harder or softer foam if you think thats the trouble.

If you mean new, no. But it's like new, very low time.

I have no idea what the trouble is, makes my ass hurt just like the stock one, only not as quickly. I can only assume softer would be better. It's not a diss on your seat, it's a very nice seat, just wish it would last till the next gas stop. I bought it because it did seem to be highly recommended by people on this site. I think it would be safe to say not all assess are the same.

So my question to anyone who's been down this road ahead of me, has anyone tried a Maxgasser and changed it out for another one they liked better?

I custom pour the foams depending on your weight, if I saw the seat I may know who I built it for, hence knowing the foam I used. what is your weight and height?

I worked with Tugla on foams a litttle bit, he has Two MAXGASSERS, he may be able to chime in.

If you mean new, no. But it's like new, very low time.

I have no idea what the trouble is, makes my ass hurt just like the stock one, only not as quickly. I can only assume softer would be better. It's not a diss on your seat, it's a very nice seat, just wish it would last till the next gas stop. I bought it because it did seem to be highly recommended by people on this site. I think it would be safe to say not all assess are the same.

So my question to anyone who's been down this road ahead of me, has anyone tried a Maxgasser and changed it out for another one they liked better?

No Sir, first had a cut down seat, than a Corbin and now a Maxgasser and I can honestly say that the Maxgasser is a perfect blend of the cut down and Corbin seats.

Very happy with the Maxgasser seat and the service from Rick. Hopefully, you guys can work something out.

Mike

Thanks Mike,I think he may have Dannymax's old seat ,its. one off cover so If I see it I will know. If memory serves me,I built dannys seat firm for his back issues?

I custom pour the foams depending on your weight, if I saw the seat I may know who I built it for, hence knowing the foam I used. what is your weight and height?

I worked with Tugla on foams a litttle bit, he has Two MAXGASSERS, he may be able to chime in.

185, 5'11.

Got the seat from a guy in Washington DC.

If it's a custom pour does it have a serial number?

Thanks.

No serial #. I do this from my garage. But I do have the names and location of every person Ive sold a MAXGASSER to,I checked my sales records, I never sold one to anyone in Washington DC,(closest was maryland). Do you have a name? or a pic of the seat that might help me identify it?

No serial #. I do this from my garage. But I do have the names and location of every person Ive sold a MAXGASSER to,I checked my sales records, I never sold one to anyone in Washington DC,(closest was maryland). Do you have a name? or a pic of the seat that might help me identify it?

I'll see what I can find and send you PM.

Did you get my PM?

Yep, Nobody I sold A seat to,any other info? maybe a pic? If the first owner had issues with it I would have gladly made them a new seat or gave them a refund (as I have on two occasions)

Hope this works.

I remembering him telling me it was two tone, but when I got it I couldn't tell if it was, looks all the same to me.

Attachments

• 100_2653-1.jpg
    100_2653-1.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_2654.jpg
    100_2654.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_2657.jpg
    100_2657.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_2664.jpg
    100_2664.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_2670-1.jpg
    100_2670-1.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_2671-3.jpg
    100_2671-3.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 54
Dannymax, that is your bike isnt it? that seat was built firm for a heavy guy with back issues ,he liked it. but you weigh a good fifty pounds less. I could send out a softer seat if that works then Id swap it out other wise I dont know what else I can do.

That would be great, if it is the same seat.

But I don't think it would be fair to you to have to sit on this seat. (no pun intend) How about we wait till you have a order for one like this one, then we'll see about working something out?

Latest posts

Back