The VMOA yes or no

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguy

Reaction score
I was a member back when it was free and I've had my '04 since new and will probably be keeping it.
My question: is it worth $30 a year or can I get everything I need here for free?
Thanks.
Jack.

I think it is worth joining anything that helps promote the VMax. And really, nothing is "free". This forum exists because of users here that donate money, Vendors that pay to advertise, and my wallet. There is no free with the cost of forum software, bandwidth charges, server hosting fees and domain name charges. So yes, support your local club, because if everyone was looking for a free ride, there would be nothing to ride on. My 2 cents....

Ok im a vmoa member #3933 its a great club besides all the soap opera drama Bullshit going on there right now. I have met alot of friends thru the vmoa and hope to meet some more friends here. You get 4 mags a year and you are representing the vmax gen1 and gen2 bikes. So yeah join. JIM

I am a member and think it's a good deal. I don't have a active group in my area but I'll ride 300 miles to the closest event, a long haul for some I guess. Being a member is what you make out of it and if you're wanting to ride with fellow Vmaxers you'll find a way to get'er done!

I found Buster's site because of the VMOA (and 4gasem) and I prefer this site due to it being more active and lively. I'll stay with VMOA too. I have gotten deals from other VMOA members in the classifieds that have saved more than 30 bucks. everyone else seems to go out of their way to help each other. I mentioned before that if Buster put out a quarterly magazine, HE would be the official VMax organization! What is YamaStar doing for the VMOA that works so hard to promote and keep their product going? I have not heard of anything. Did they give VMOA members first dibs on 2009 bikes? Do they donate anything to the organization? Have they hosted a special event at any of the big bike gatherings to recognize and promote us? In the end, all these sites are whatever the readership make them to be, success, flops or also rans. :confused2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined up and haven't looked back. I have met some local guys, had a few great times with the max, a bike show, and some rum and coke in between. I ended up getting into the bike show for free - which was worth the cost of the membership anyway - had a chance to display my bike and talk to about 1000 strangers all abot it. Lot's of good guys.

Am I aloud to comment on this?

Anyone is allowed to comment on it as long as the comments are their THOUGHTS on the VMOA and NOT CHEAP SHOTS, INSULTS OR OBVIOUS TROLLS TO START AN ARGUMENT.

Shortly after I got my Max I started looking for a resource for information about it. Sure, I know some pretty mechanically handy people, and I'm not bad myself, but I know that a good forum can be far more helpful than any service manual. I'm pretty sure the first three things that came up in my google search was this forum, starvmax, and the VMOA site. Intrigued, I looked into it. Unfortunately, the website is useless to "unregistered" users, and to become registered, you had to become a member, and to become a member, you had to pay. I couldn't find any information about what that fee got me, or member benefits, so I just moved on. starvmax looked good, but doesn't appear to have nearly as many members as this forum, and browsing a few posts there seemed to be a lot of BS/mis-information floating around among the genuine knowledge. Vmaxforum.net definetly seems to be the premier source for Vmax info on the web. Compared to several other forums I've been on, this is by far the friendliest and most helpful(and most fun). Some forums seem to attract assholes...hard to tell from the surface.

To be honest, I still don't see the benefit/justification in joining the VMOA. The p/o of my bike apparently was, and when I bought it gave me a few issues of the vboost mag. I flipped through them but nothing in there held my attention. I've heard "through the grapevine" from discussions here that there's lots of drama going on with them, which I certainly wouldn't want to pay to be a part of. If this is crap or not true let me know, or enlighten me as to what the VMOA actually does- I'm still not really sure.

Anyone is allowed to comment on it as long as the comments are their THOUGHTS on the VMOA and NOT CHEAP SHOTS, INSULTS OR OBVIOUS TROLLS TO START AN ARGUMENT.

Easy Gary, it was only a joke. I wouldn't dare comment on this, it will get me another time out...Waaaaaa

:ummm::worthy::confused2::rofl_200:

Like any club the VMOA is what you make it to be. If you put no effort in and expect to get something out of it you will probably be disappointed. Yes there seems to be an inordinate amount of drama out there being propagated by an individual or two, but like last nights dinner this too shall pass. The website is being updated as we speak to a more user friendly format, but there will still be limited access rights for guests, the same as most forums etc. You join first then get access. Having said all this, the decision to join or not to join is up to you and you alone. I would recommend you join because I believe that the more members we have the stronger our club is and new members always bring a perspective that the older members may not see that can improve our club.

@ Jim:

Jim, I let my membership expire in '07 and haven't given much thought about it since. Say if I wanted to rejoin, can my old membership be re-activated or do I have to start from scratch with a new number again?

My previous membership number was #4087.

Thanks in advance,
G Man

@ Jim:

Jim, I let my membership expire in '07 and haven't given much thought about it since. Say if I wanted to rejoin, can my old membership be re-activated or do I have to start from scratch with a new number again?

My previous membership number was #4087.

Thanks in advance,
G Man

G-man,

If you rejoin we reactivate your old membership number. Hope you join!!

I am a member & have met a lot of good people theu there. I first joined in 2004. Asfar as drama I dont pay attention to any thing if I start to read something & dont like it I just quit reading kind of like changing the channel on the tv dont like it dont watch it all in all I think its a good place.

I used to be a member way back when. My wife got me signed up for my B-day. I was excited , then bummed out when I found out that there was no one in my area. So when it was time to renew I just let it laps. I haven't looked back, until recently. When I met up with Sean Morley and his gang. I wish they were all closer but a 17 1/2 drive is way too far for me. I just wish there were more enthusiast in my area..

Scooter

same here, noone around me i can just go bullshit with after work except for bagherra and hes an hour away

Like any club the VMOA is what you make it to be. If you put no effort in and expect to get something out of it you will probably be disappointed. Yes there seems to be an inordinate amount of drama out there being propagated by an individual or two, but like last nights dinner this too shall pass. The website is being updated as we speak to a more user friendly format, but there will still be limited access rights for guests, the same as most forums etc. You join first then get access. Having said all this, the decision to join or not to join is up to you and you alone. I would recommend you join because I believe that the more members we have the stronger our club is and new members always bring a perspective that the older members may not see that can improve our club.

Are there any events that are open to non members. So that we could get a feel for what the club is like? Also where could we find a list of events to see if there would be any we might be able to get to if we were to join? My best friend is a hardly guy (VROD) would he be out of place coming to one of these events with me if I were a member?

Back