There goes my Regulator/Rectifier

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpclynch

Reaction score
Parked up my bike after a short spin to the shop on Sunday, hopped off and headed for the door. I smelt something burning so I looked around to see which house it was coming from but was shocked to see that my bike was the source... And it was getting worse! :surprise:

First I thought something had stuck to the exhaust but then saw it was coming from below the battery/fuel tank! :damn angry: so I ran for some water & tools to quench a possible inferno

10 seconds later I had the side panel & seat off and was throwing water at everything, and as soon as I worked out that it was my regulator/rectifier that was self destructing I disconnected the battery.

vlcsnap-64298.jpg

P1040166b.JPG

Pity I didn't get any coverage of the bike smoking (it looked like it was doing a burnout) but I didn't want to be one of those that films their bike burning instead of putting it out - and you wouldn't have seen much through the smoke screen! And the smell was horrendous, surprised the EPA didn't come knocking :whistlin:

luckily I have one or two spare parts lying around that I can change it for (I always kept a spare for my Magna) and there was no other damage to the bike, it was mostly a thick white smoke and I got to it before any flames :clapping:

Back