think I burned up my clutch/friction plates

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
Went to do a 2nd gear burnout today before getting my new tire on ...wouldnt spin (not enough water probably) so I said f@@k it and went to trailer it and it would hardly move!
changed the clutch friction plates and steel plates approx 2 yrs ago....yamaha brand.
Took them out and there is a bunch of black shit....from the friction plates most likely....new friction plates in store?
shall I go with the barnett ones at python?
119. + tx...... do they give us a vmaxforum discount?

I'm not sure if Barnett's are any better. I think you should get a heavier spring or do the double D. My bike is on it's second set of plates/discs and it has about 74,000 miles on it. Stock spring allows slippage and that's hard on the discs. IMO.

Yep, PCW has a custom spring setup or just get a second stock spring (I have them on hand $75). I use only OEM frictions though I think with the DD in place about any brand of friction would be fine. I have them on hand and even have bead blasted steels available on exchange basis ($25).

Sean

Latest posts

Back