Third gear is addicting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Specs95t

Reaction score
So I'm on my 10th tank of fuel this season so far and I have found a new road to commute to work.

52 miles of back roads, hills, mountain views, passing zones etc.

My rides keep getting better and better. Just a ton of fun.

Today, my trip home included a few lines of cars that I caught up to at just the right moment for some stealth passing. Third gear and VBoost made things blur for a moment...

Love the beast....

Just thought I'd share...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My trips keep getting longer and longer...lol

It's a shame that this bike gets worse gas mileage than two of my cars! But it is 10x more fun :D

My trips keep getting longer and longer...lol

It's a shame that this bike gets worse gas mileage than two of my cars! But it is 10x more fun :D
I hear that, I get 25 mpg if I keep out of the throttle and less than 20mpg when I'm gettin on it, but like you said, way more fun. I guess if you want HP, you gotta burn some gas, right?

I get 32 to 35 mpg routinely - with cruising at 70+, passing in third gear etc.

I have learned that mileage has a lot to do with putting it in 5th gear - easy to cruise with high rpm in 3rd or 4th - just burns gas...

So I'm on my 10th tank of fuel this season so far and I have found a new road to commute to work.

52 miles of back roads, hills, mountain views, passing zones etc.

My rides keep getting better and better. Just a ton of fun.

Today, my trip home included a few lines of cars that I caught up to at just the right moment for some stealth passing. Third gear and VBoost made things blur for a moment...

Love the beast....

Just thought I'd share...

Thank you for sharing, hello, my name is Tony and I'm a vboostaholic :eusa_dance:

Seriously though, these bikes were made for backroads and scenic byways. Here were more likely to have to pass RVs and gaggles of HDs but it happens just as swiftly. Just a perfect blend of ridability, performance and comfort... and attitude.

Personally I like 1st, 2nd, and then 3rd revved to about 9k rpm from a stand still best. ;)

Personally I like 1st, 2nd, and then 3rd revved to about 9k rpm from a stand still best. ;)

One of my favorites is when you are coasting down to a red light that goes green and you roll on the power in second and see the oil light come on...

Hello...my name is Geoff...and I am a VBoost-aholic....

Latest posts

Back