This part fell out of the rear wheel hub.....pretty sure anyway?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoovVMax2006

Reaction score
I removed my front and rear tires the other day and while loading them in my car to take to the shop for tire mounting a bearing fell out of (90% sure) the drive side of the rear tire hub. This is the part. It looks like the stem coming off the side has to mate somehow inside the drive? I'm just not sure....is there any particular orientation it has to go back in to the tire hub? I payed close attention to the location of all the washers and spacers when I took the tires off but this kind of worries me as I didn't see exactly how it was in to begin with? Any help appreciated? The bearing is on the other side so I assume it goes in, which is the only way it could go?20220214_165749.jpg

Awe I knew I had seen it somewhere before....yes I know exactly where it goes now. Somehow it had gotten stuck with the tires.....thank you so much!

Download this, save the site as a 'favorites' on your computer, and print out a copy, put it in a loose-leaf binder.

VMX12- Service-Manual.pdf (vmoa.net)

You want to read the entire thing, not for complete memorization, but to understand the layout. The first part is yearly updates. After that is the factory service manual and after that are nut/bolt specs, torque values, cable routings, and more. Sometimes you have to hunt a bit, but it's pretty-much all in there, somewhere.

I use diagrams from partzilla.cом, they are usually better.

Well successfully reinstalled the wheels with new Shinko 230 Tours. Wow what a difference, so much more feel and grip! Of course I'm pretty sure that the tires on the bike were the originals....Bridgestone Excedra G525/G526. Bike only has 11K miles. It's a 2006 so tires were 16 years old! Front did not look very worn and did not have any dry rotting. Rear was pretty worn. Could tell they were both hard as a brick.

Shinko used to be cheapest, not anymore... 😭

Still pretty cheap? I think I paid about $75 for the front and $117 for the rear? That's about half as much as most major tire brands?

Back