This site brought me a few laughs...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
So I admit... I'm generally out of sync with most of modern culture. I often saw the term "hipster" and saw a lot of bashing of hipsters, but I had no fucking clue what a hipster was.

I'm also a fan of vintage bikes. I dunno what it is about them but the old Vincents, Nortons, Indians, and the like I thought were really cool. There's a bit of a growing vintage bike scene here in St. Louis and the bikes were cool, but there was something different about a lot of the people. I couldn't really put my finger on it.

Then I came across this site... Bullshit Hipster Bike Videos and it really put it all in perspective. I must admit I got a few laughs. Maybe you will too.

http://hipsterbikevideos.com/

Unfortunately I'm at work, and cant see it....its blocked. As soon as I get home, I will watch it.

I know what you mean....old bikes are like old muscle cars.....there is just something about them.

I did like the Beardo Hegemony video, good music and there were some interesting rides in there. The first video, the Swedish farmer working on the zen of his Yamaha 500 single, was it?, was a bit much but hey, if the guy does that for fun & relaxation, instead of some sociopathic shi_, well, 'good on-ya!'

Yes, an interesting series of pics & videos. I guess what I am trying to-say, is that if that's how these folks want to spend their time, at-least they aren't lobbying their legislators to "ban bikes" or to outlaw bike mods (the German TUV, anyone?).

We can all agree that the "rugged iconoclasts" shown-here are about as individualistic as our home-grown wanna-be 1%'ers. Buy a Harley and you bought a lifestyle. Even-if you are working for the local school board or are a union tradesman instead of a Ralph Steadman drawing subject, pedaling crystal meth, and shooting it out w/someone who looks and behaves just like you, but his 'colors' are different.
images
images

At-least we all claim to enjoy bikes. We just express ourselves and our interests in different ways.

And in the first video, I did notice the Cafe' Bustelo which I like, a good cafecito hits the spot, and does fuel an energy burst, albeit w/an inevitable crash.
images

My girlfriend(Tampa girl that's part Cuban) uses Bustelo quite a bit in all sorts of deserts she makes(ice cream, cheesecake, cupcakes, etc).

As I said in the original posts I'm actually a fan of the vintage bikes. I shared this website because I ended up laughing at myself quite a bit. Because I've got a subscription to the magazine "Iron & Air" and even got a few T-Shirts from various sites because I thought they were cool. In short the website was sort of intervention for me haha.

I also liked the humor of the site. Observations like "Denim Jacket = $600. Front brake=$0" And then showing the clip where you can see the guy riding a bike with no front brake. Or "Bandana is a totally viable replacement for a front fender" while showing a guy catch a face full of mud from his fenderless front wheel.

Latest posts

Back