This Vboost PC board repairable?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne z

Reaction score
Hi all, My vboost hasn't been cycling upon turning the key lately, among other electrical problems, and I read a thread recently about them being prone to loose connections that may be fixable, so I decided to investigate.
I noticed today that flexing the vboost box made the servo and fuel pump start cycling upon turning on the key.

This is a pic of where I think the problem is. Looks like an air pocket or seperation area in the plastic coating and severe corosion on the printed foil.

So, would this be fixable with some careful fiddling? If so, I will surf youtube for some pc board repair tutorials.

Wayne Z

20150506_200838.jpg

Its my understanding that they are fixable.....but its a lot of hassle. It might be "cheaper" to buy another Vboost controller, or buy the Ignitech, It is a programmable ECU, and it controls the Vboost as well. With the Ignitech, the Vboost become 100% programmable.

I have attempted to find and fix 4 in my life time. I fixed one by reheating all the components, on the board with a soldering iron. The brown spots in the picture is a good place to start. If you buy a used one, go for the latest model.
Part #1FK-85830-M2-00 CONTROL UNIT ASSY $249.00 new. Check with Sean Morley for a replacement or an aftermarket type I think he sells, which may be cheaper and much more reliable. There may be some members on here parting out a bike with a good one much cheaper. I don't think they are year specific, all years will work.

I say attempt to fix it yourself what's the worst thing that could happen you have to buy a new one anyway right? Besides I always like the satisfaction thst comes with fixing my own stuff

I just tried and couldn't. I'm ordering the Ignitech from Sean Morley soon. Sean told me that it is usually where the main wires pass through the board. Good luck with yours.

Matt

I just tried and couldn't. I'm ordering the Ignitech from Sean Morley soon. Sean told me that it is usually where the main wires pass through the board. Good luck with yours.

Matt
Hi. Can you post link where to buy ignitech. Thanks [emoji4]

Lähetetty minun GT-I9506 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I saw Joe Alorio's post on this (#3), it must be one of his last on here, miss you, Joe.

Back