those without center stands

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leave side stand down and jack up by either the header or frame rail. Bike will lean for sure but you only just need it barely off the ground.

Sean

I got a motorcycle jack from Harbor freight for like $50 bucks. Slides under and supports both sides. Great for oil changes as well so you can check the level easily.
Cheers

unfortunately no pics available... but what I did on my old v-max which didn't have a centre stand b/c of a cobra exhaust was...

was had a motorcyle jack and cut 3 x 2x4's so they looked like the following (looking at the 2" end):

1-->_____
2->|____|
3->|____|__
|__________| <---(4)

The top two pieces (arraows 2/3) were just the perfect size so they fit up right where the center stand mounts (would rest on #1) were and were long enough to clear the exhaust.

The bottom piece was wide enough so it fit over the jack (4).

it worked great.

I yanked my centerstand, but I kept it. It's a matter of about half a minute to put it back on securely enough for working on the bike. Two shoulder bolts and spin the nuts finger tight, done.

What does spinning nuts have to do with the center stand? Sorry, it was out there and I went with it....

Where exactly do you lift the bike with this jack?

Doesnt this sit under the headers on the bottom side of bike?

So when you lift bike all the bikes weight are on the headers??

Yep, doesnt seem to hurt it one bit. Never had a problem and that is the way Sean showed me when I was at his shop in June. I was concerned at first but alas my fears were washed away in the knowledge of the Jedi Master
Cheers:punk:

I place a floor jack on the tab where the center stand used to be jack it up and slide jack stands under the foot peg mounts.

i also have a spare center stand with all the bolts i'll sell ya if you need one.....

pm me if interested.

Now please don't laugh, but here is what I did to jack up the rear end. I was sick and tired of having to remove my rear fender to swap the drag slick with my street tire, so I made this beauty!!!! It isn't much to look at, but it works well, and I can jack it up by myself. Let me know if anyone wants some dimensions... I got the material for free so it was just an hour of my time.

Jeff

Attachments

• P1010020.jpg
    P1010020.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 95
  • P1010021.jpg
    P1010021.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 89
  • P1010022.jpg
    P1010022.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 84
Now please don't laugh, but here is what I did to jack up the rear end. I was sick and tired of having to remove my rear fender to swap the drag slick with my street tire, so I made this beauty!!!! It isn't much to look at, but it works well, and I can jack it up by myself. Let me know if anyone wants some dimensions... I got the material for free so it was just an hour of my time.

Jeff
SHIT , IF YOU PAINTED IT , IT WOULD LOOK GREAT ! I'M JUST WORRIED ABOUT ALL THAT EXTRA MOTORCYCLE WIRING LAYING ON THE FLOOR !:rofl_200:

That is from the 85 drag bike project... I also got an 88 harness for $7, so I have one to destroy and use for making a new one.

Jeff

I would NEVER laugh at that kind of ingenuity!! If you don't laugh at my tire mounting/balancing operation.
All we need to do now is slosh a little Seafoam on these things and get them powdercoated!!
Make BIG $'s on eBay!! :rofl_200:

Attachments

• 100_1038.jpg
    100_1038.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_1078.jpg
    100_1078.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 49

Jeff

I'm sorry Jeff but is your bike cuh cuh cuh clean? :ummm::ummm:

:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back