Thought I'd post a pic.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
Here she is:
null-2108.jpg

Still need some wheels and inverted forks. Theres a custom brake stay coming in today as well. A lot of the black is plastidip, which I used to decide what I wanted. Will be powder coated eventually.

Here she is:
null-2108.jpg

Still need some wheels and inverted forks. Theres a custom brake stay coming in today as well. A lot of the black is plastidip, which I used to decide what I wanted. Will be powder coated eventually.

Looks good. I like the idea of the plasti dip for testing ideas. I didn't know it just peels off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

That really looks sharp! I see you even have forward controls. I would have never thought of the plastic dip. Hmmm......

Scoops are plastidipped. Along with the side overs, handlebar clamps and such, Engine covers. They'll be either powdercoated, black chromed, or painted as I go.

I plasti dipped the motor on my '85, along with a few other sundry parts... 1000 miles and a trip to Thunder - the parts still look fine! tough stuff if you put it on a clean surface.

Those ZRX-1300 shocks, they longer than the stock V-max shocks?

All in all, its a sweet looking bike. I myself am not a fan of forward controls, but your setup looks clean enough to be stock. Looks sharp!

I think those shocks were like 1.5 inches longer than stock, but when I had the swing arm extended, I left the mounting locations in the stock spot so I could use these shocks, and not be too high. As far as the forward controls, it's completely reversible. For my style of riding, it's honestly prolly not the best option, but its more comfy on longer rides.

I think those shocks were like 1.5 inches longer than stock, but when I had the swing arm extended, I left the mounting locations in the stock spot so I could use these shocks, and not be too high. As far as the forward controls, it's completely reversible. For my style of riding, it's honestly prolly not the best option, but its more comfy on longer rides.

Myself, I find that having my feet close is more comfortable. With my legs stretched out, my hips start cramping.

I wonder if them shocks can be shortened any?

Latest posts

Back