Thought I'd share my Spring time to-do list!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Sitting in my garage begging / waiting to be installed :

1.) Install my Progressive 440's
2.) Install my Ricor Intiminators
3.) Install my new 170 ME 880's (front and back) *done!*
4.) Install my Galfer Stainless steel brake lines
5.) Install my Galfer Stainless clutch lines
6.) Install my front and rear brake pads
6.) Install my custom rear light
7.) Install my 2nd brake light (thanks Brad!)
8.) Install the dynabeads in the ME 880's
9.) Install my knee brace

Not so glamorous to-do list :

1.) Get new coolant
2.) Paint my Hindle can black
3.) Paint some engine parts where the paint chipped off
4.) Paint my brake resevoir caps (might powder coat)
5.) Chrome my side plates
6.) Crimp fix
7.) Carb Synch
8.) Have a pro tune it up
9.) Paint my new ME880's lettering white **done!**

But number one this season? RIDE IT!

(the bike show was a tease! I did get ride it indoors though, and that was fun - check out the pics of the show in the VMOA Ontario section if you haven't seen how well the Vmax was represented!)

Last edited:
Sounds like a hell of a project! Good luck.

I have some new 440's on there way as well...

Chris

You had better start now, we would like your bike back at the Spring show in April. Would be great to see it with all the mods done there!!!

Hey Ghost, can I ship my leather jacket to you for some cool sequins?
Snap...I think those are fight'n words. Nah, you live too far. I aint skeered.:rofl_200:

Quite a list, but don't get used to having a big to-do list. After all, this isn't a Harley.

I might put new tires on my Max in the spring, just because the Avon venom tire on the back sucks so much ass. It can't even begin to hook up with the power, even a slightly abrupt "burp" of the gas results in the back wheel breaking loose, and wet road handling is downright scary...it just refuses to hold a line even under a mild lean. It's got an almost worn out Bridgestone Spitfire on the front. I'm thinking a set of the Shinko's, because I've heard a lot of good things and they're like half the price of Metzlers, plus they're V rated and the ME880s are only H.....hey, I may feel like exceeding 130mph and better to be safe there.

Thinking about maybe some custom script/graphics on the side of the faux tank, but I'll worry about that later.

Otherwise, insert key, press starter. That's my spring plan. And sell my Magna, I'd like to do that too. Anybody want a "wife" bike? 1985 Magna V30. Excellent shape, runs great, $1500.

the beads are used instead of using "weights" to balance your tires!

no sequins guys - no worries!

AND

scratch painting the tire lettering off the list!!

the beads are used instead of using "weights" to balance your tires!

Motorcycle Consumer News did a test of the beads and said they did not work. Not me stating that, just MCN. They used one tire and a balancing machine and a road test to determine this. The tire originally was balanced on a spin balancing machine and required 1.5 oz of weights. The tire worked fine on the bike with no vibration. They then removed the weights and poured in the recommended amount of beads and retested on the balancer. It still called for 1.5 oz of weights at the same spot. They then rode the bike with just the beads and could detect vibration that was not present with the weights.

There is a tire sealant that claims to balance the tire in addition to sealing small leaks. Have heard that that doesn't work either. I have no "dog in this hunt" but just passing on the info.

Motorcycle Consumer News did a test of the beads and said they did not work. Not me stating that, just MCN. They used one tire and a balancing machine and a road test to determine this. The tire originally was balanced on a spin balancing machine and required 1.5 oz of weights. The tire worked fine on the bike with no vibration. They then removed the weights and poured in the recommended amount of beads and retested on the balancer. It still called for 1.5 oz of weights at the same spot. They then rode the bike with just the beads and could detect vibration that was not present with the weights.

There is a tire sealant that claims to balance the tire in addition to sealing small leaks. Have heard that that doesn't work either. I have no "dog in this hunt" but just passing on the info.
When I worked for the city in Texas a salesman tried to push them beads on us & we had the same results. we were usuing them on car tires but same diffrence.

There have been some who have successfully used the dyna beads. I haven't so, maybe they can comment? (I was planning on using them as well)

Dale #2592

I have NO weights on my wheels... My SV has weights on the front wheel because it had a wicked vib at highway speeds. Made me see a blur! lol

What's wrong with weights? Is it the look of them?

Sitting in my garage begging / waiting to be installed :

1.) Install my Progressive 440's
8.) Install the dynabeads in the ME 880's
9.) Install my knee brace

1.) Get new coolant
6.) Crimp fix
7.) Carb Synch

1.) Install my Progressive 440's *done!*
8.) Install my knee brace

1.) Get new coolant
6.) Crimp fix
7.) Carb Synch **done!**

Quote from Dynabead's web site;

"Can I put the tire on a balancer to see if it's working?
No. Dyna Beads operates on physics principles, and requires the tire assembly to be in motion against a road surface to detect the exact counterbalance position. An electronic balancer has a solid, fixed mount, and does not allow the tire to react to imbalance."

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.html

Latest posts

Back