Thoughts about new Triumph Rocket 3R versus Gen2 VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollitt

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Any 2nd VMAX riders consider to jump Triumph side - due to new Rocket 3R?
Any "dead calm" comparations allready from Gen2 riders who tested also 3R?

For my eye - new Rocket looks a bit Agricultural apparatus - even in a good way... but that tail end/loss of rear mudguard style is something I do not appreciate(like in Ducati Devil too).

For technical point, results depending for the rider...

br. Ollie

It's a cool bike, definitely has some character just like the VMax.

It still does not compete performance wise though. The VMax is still the King in the narrow category of Cruiser/Muscle Bike.

The 3R is a very, very nice bike.

I tend to think of it in the same way I think of a Norton Commando 961 or the Ducati XDiavel. They're bikes more for the connoisseur than the outright speed freak.

Lets face it: The Gen2 Vmax is insane. You have to be a bit nuts to really ride one flat-out. Not everybody is really up for that.

To me there's never been a bad bike made - it's just a matter of preference. If I were to get a new bike, it would more than likely be the XDiavel.

I hate single sided swingarms as they just make the bike look broken, having looked closely at the rocket I thought the build quality was poor and the finish dull, would never want one anyway but if I did get a Triumph it would be an older 900cc model

...To me there's never been a bad bike made - it's just a matter of preference. If I were to get a new bike, it would more than likely be the XDiavel.

I passed on a 2nd gen. I'm also looking at a XDiavel...

I own 2009 RIII and Gen2 Vmax. Test ridden R3. Despite new R3 is somehow attractive motorcycle, my interest in swapping any of my current bikes for it is zero.

I test rode the new Rocket 3, plenty of electronics to play with and heap of torque too. They offered me 13,000 (UK pounds) to part ex' mine against buying one, consequently i declined and left thinking my bike was better :)

Latest posts

Back