Thoughts on these Headlight Choices?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tark_C

Reaction score
well i'am probably not too much help because i kinda like both of them, there both pretty cool options both have HID wich will give plenty of lighting, i guess it just depends on do u want the one with the shield or clean just headlight look

I want to follow this post. I like them both! I am curious to see how they would bolt up. Please keep us updated!!

i was gonna say earlier that ive read reports that ones like the first one are notorious for melting because folks generally wanted to upgrade the halogens with something stronger. however, it looks like the first one is a 35w HID setup, which should be plenty bright, so a higher capacity bulb shouln't find its way onto your qualify any time soon. with that being said, though, i still favor the second simply based on looks. i guess it depends on what vision your going after. its not that I don't enjoy maxxes that have been morphed into insects or robots, but personally, if i were in your shoes, i'd be hanging on something "more conventional". i just like the original lines more

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

i was gonna say earlier that ive read reports that ones like the first one are notorious for melting because folks generally wanted to upgrade the halogens with something stronger. however, it looks like the first one is a 35w HID setup, which should be plenty bright, so a higher capacity bulb shouln't find its way onto your qualify any time soon. with that being said, though, i still favor the second simply based on looks. i guess it depends on what vision your going after. its not that I don't enjoy maxxes that have been morphed into insects or robots, but personally, if i were in your shoes, i'd be hanging on something "more conventional". i just like the original lines more

+1.
Vrod headlight is another option.

I think either-one will work. I am in-agreement on not going to a 100 watt bulb in #1. My personal choice is #2. I like a round headlight. The 'angel eye' should provide you w/an interesting effect. Us it for daylight running.

I picked-up some alternative lighting too but haven't gotten-around to mounting things. Post your project as you do it.

The bottem one is plastic my plastic light melted with in 30 min .
Be careful .

If the second one will bolts right up to stock set up thats badass to keep the orginal look. not a fan of the first one. might i add KJ set up i really like

http://aztec8.com/catalog/c37_p1.html

View attachment 33819

New option here! Already have a few ideas using those lights. Are those the lights you're running on your bike? Just wondering how bright they are.

Will now be keeping in mind the possibility of melting the housing. I'm honestly not sure what direction I'd like to go with the bike yet.I'm most likely going to end up sticking to a more classic look. I'll be posting as I'm doing the rebuild and mods I'm looking to do.

The bottem one is plastic my plastic light melted with in 30 min .
Be careful .

Wow, that's nuts! Was it that same exact light? Is the inside housing plastic or is the bucket plastic or both? If its just a plastic bucket, any possibility that one could swap the plastic bucket for a metal one? Know of any similar style HID with a metal bucket?

+1.
Vrod headlight is another option.

I actually looked into picking up the new HD Road Glide light for my bike this weekend after I saw them at a local Harley dealers booth at a car show. VEEERRRRRY COOL! Very expensive though, $399 for a 5 3/4" and $525 for 7"... Never even thought to check out a VRod headlight though.

Attachments

• HD_roadglide_headlight.jpg
    HD_roadglide_headlight.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 60
New option here! Already have a few ideas using those lights. Are those the lights you're running on your bike? Just wondering how bright they are.

Will now be keeping in mind the possibility of melting the housing. I'm honestly not sure what direction I'd like to go with the bike yet.I'm most likely going to end up sticking to a more classic look. I'll be posting as I'm doing the rebuild and mods I'm looking to do.

Wow, that's nuts! Was it that same exact light? Is the inside housing plastic or is the bucket plastic or both? If its just a plastic bucket, any possibility that one could swap the plastic bucket for a metal one? Know of any similar style HID with a metal bucket?

No I don't have them. But really like them its one of the mods on my list. Kj says there super bright but he has HID bulbs. But I know there not plastic crap!! Lol. The picture is kj bike

Sorry mine was a stock h4 that came with light every part of the light but the brackets was plastic.
The ebay seller is still selling them. Junk so your,s may be ok for me I will never go plastic and take a chance.
Sorry missed your post.

The Cybermax I have looks really cool, in my opinion.

The light output is terrible and I don't consider them adequate for night riding. They're plenty bright and you will be seen by other vehicles, but the dispersal on the road is not good.

Even after I upgraded it to Two 100 watt bulbs, the lens pattern isn't right, I think they're just fog lights really.....

Last edited:
Here's my .02.......The second choice is the one that I would go with. The first one looks like something right out of the Power Rangers.

The Cybermax I have looks really cool, in my opinion.

The light output is terrible and I don't consider them adequate for night riding. They're plenty bright and you will be seen by other vehicles, but the dispersal on the road is not good.

Even after I upgraded it to Two 100 watt bulbs, the lens pattern isn't right, I think they're just fog lights really.....
I love mine to but took it off until I can figure out some HID's Geek law gave me a link to some he put in his & said they worked decent.

Back