VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Memphis Shades Classic Deuce or Demon

Hey Mike, didn't see anything about the Hellfire needing the relocation
kit, bummer ! Do they offer one or do you just have to find one and
modify it like you did ? Also did you ever get a chance to take some
pics of your bike with the lrg bags ?
Chris

When I first got the windshield, I tried it with signals in their regular place, but didn't like how it looked - too far forward and wind was coming in from between the gap in the windshield and light area.

I had some fork clamps relocators from my old Harley building days, so I made them fit on the max forks. Now no wind coming in from that area.

Chris, sorry man, I totally forgot about the pics with the big bags, will put them on in the next day or so and post them.

Mike

I gotta get me a stock grab bar......I have the sissy bar on it now and I HATE it......the wife is convinced that she is going to go for a ride on the back and won't let me get rid of it...........

I'll change it out some day and see if she notices:biglaugh:

Hey, 2 questions. What year is your bike, I have a '92 with an excellent looking grab bar. If they'll fit, what say ye about working out a trade? And 'gamorg02', you stay out of this! ;~) He doesn't need any coaching on "coin"! :lol_hitting:

Thanks...Steve

Ordered a set of these from DK last night, they've already shipped and are due to arrive here by next Wednesday...decent service IMO! :clapping:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/common/img_pop.jsp?skuId=230402&imgId=0

They should resolve any signal relocation issues....except for hiding the wiring! :ummm:

Hey, 2 questions. What year is your bike, I have a '92 with an excellent looking grab bar. If they'll fit, what say ye about working out a trade? And 'gamorg02', you stay out of this! ;~) He doesn't need any coaching on "coin"! :lol_hitting:

Thanks...Steve

If you had the stock rail and the HAC system we could work out a deal......

She Who Must Be Obeyed say the bike WILL have some kind of sissybar installed, or able to be quickly installed......

She is still convinced that she is going to get to ride on the back of MY bike:confused2:

Windshields, fairing...which ones work?

hey guys. i have to bite this particular bullet. Love my ride natural and for most riding, but i ride approx 90 minutes each way about once a week, and the wind is just kicking my arse.

I have been reading and reading and this is just a tuff topic. yeah, there are fairings/windshields that fit the bike, look fine, but HOW GOOD ARE THEY IN REAL WORLD RIDING?

I am 5 11 and my site line is about 20-21 inches above the headlight.

you guys know what i am looking for...something that works...does a great job with vision, buffeting, style, all that. a total plus would be quick removal for most of my regular riding, but not required if the unit is da bomb.

help a brother out...what have you guys found that does all that?

I have been looking at the slipstream hell fire
The Givi A755 http://www.starvmax.com/forum/14-in...nd-accessories/58852-givi-fairing-on-the-vmax
which would require turn signal relocation...
memphis shades makes a couple that look good too...like the hell cat and shooter

Thanks, guys
Rick

Re: Windshields, fairing...which ones work?

I currently have the Memphis Shade Hellcat installed and it works great - I wear a beanie helmet with no issues - but you either have to relocate your signal lights or cut 2" off the bottom of the windshield - which is what I have now done.

Loosen 2 bolts and pull it off with only the clamps left on the handlebars.

Mike

Love my memphis shades windshield. Bike doesn't look as good with it IMO, but it works great! Dannymax has the same windshield on his, and found a nice set of turn signal relocation brackets from J&P cycle. Hopefully he will chime in!

i find a small flyscreen removes all the wind off your chest and is good enough to do 250+ miles straight on the superslab.

Ah, your first post... welcome to the Forum brother.

I had the same issue when I first purchased my '92. I know this isn't what you asked for specifically, but I had the flyscreen and didn't see enough of a difference to keep it. What I did was put a drag bar on it to bias myself toward the wind. No screen and it works perfectly for me.

Just my two cents man.

--

I have Memphis Shades Classic Deuce shields on both my bikes and like them a lot. As Maxcruiser said, the signals need relocated but they sell a neat signal relocation kit that's cheap and works well.

Attachments

• 100_1906.jpg
    100_1906.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 126

Mine works well also... Givi, keeps the wind off my chest and look pretty good also. Not to big, not to small.

Attachments

• Alex and Vmax 019.jpg
    Alex and Vmax 019.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 2005 Vmax 013.jpg
    2005 Vmax 013.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 99

Wow, very cool guys.

I tried putting my feet on the rear pegs, getting very angled forward, and yes, it does help. But the bike in its current pretty std configuration does not lend itself comfortably to the position. And, my girlfriend has agreed to ride with me, so I also what it to be comfortable for her.
My bike has a nice custom red paint job that the hellcat in ruby might just look pretty good.
Any issues with hand fatigue?
Thanks again, guys...and thanks so much for the welcome!!!
Rick

I have the SlipStreamer Hellfire on mine, and it works great! I'm 6'2" and if I sit up real straight I do get a tiny bit of wind blast over it, but most of the time I just sit 'in' a bit and it's fine.

Check out my pics in the garage - I think it looks pretty good on the max, although it's an acquired taste really. I used to have a Spitfire before, and it worked too, but way too much wind turbulence at speed because it's so narrow on top.

I'd recommend the Hellfire any day, although watch out you don't fit it too low or it will scratch your scoops.

Damn bro, nice. I would like the saddle bags, but I may have fitment issues bcz when i bought my bike, it was already outfitted with a holeshot 4 into 1 exhaust system. The muffler rides kind of high.

i like the hellfire, but that hell cat with its custom ruby looks awefully good. I also read many reviews on the hellcat and it gets high praise.

when i get this settled...i will take a pic and post.

Thanks again guys

Windshields

Are there any other decent looking windshields for the Max other than the Yamaha flyscreen? Thanks, John

Re: Windshields

Givi Airstars is a nice one that several of us on here have. It's a little larger than the stock and is more effective. It works great especially on those long trips or high speed runs by keeping the wind blast off your chest.

Memphis shades makes some nice ones. J&P cycle sells them online for a good price. Mine is the classic deuce model....works good, looks good.

Are there any other decent looking windshields for the Max other than the Yamaha flyscreen? Thanks, John

I just installed the GIVI A123 on my 05 vmax. Its like night and day on long distance rides.

http://www.giviusa.com/My-motorcycle/?ma=YAMAHA&mo=V-MAX-1200

You can get this for $106.20 delivered here:

http://www.helmetheadcycle.com/product/1841/givi-a123-yamaha-v-max-1200-2885-0829-windshield

Bolts right to the turn signals. I have LED aftermarket turn signals and it works just fine! I like this screen too since it has the inscribed VMAX on the front mounting hardware too. ITS CUSTOM!

Just my 2 cents....

Back