VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Windshields

I have the GIVI on my 05, works out nice. Not to big, not to small, it looks pretty good also. Really keeps the wind of your chest on long and fast rides and still looks sporty. I can post up some good pics later if you want to see it....

I have a Memphis shade Hellcat winshield and love it - you can see it in the pics under my profile - but since thos pics, I have cut the lower section, on each side of windshield, by 2" so that the signal lights can go in their original position.

If you wnat, I can take a new pic of it so you can see the cahnges that I made to it.

Mike

Check out my album's from 2008, 2009 and 2010 all which have pictures of the Givi mounted on Redbone. :punk:
Just click on Redbone and to view" Redbone Album's".

Last edited:

For all that have offered up pics, Yes I would like to see them so I can make an informed decision before I buy. Once again Thanks, John

For all that have offered up pics, Yes I would like to see them so I can make an informed decision before I buy. Once again Thanks, John
A few pics..

Attachments

• 2005 Vmax 006.jpg
    2005 Vmax 006.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 2005 Vmax 003.jpg
    2005 Vmax 003.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 72
  • HAC backrest install 011.jpg
    HAC backrest install 011.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 70
  • HAC backrest install 017.jpg
    HAC backrest install 017.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 68
Little Windscreen

Has anybody got one of the Yamaha little windscreens? Do they offer any protection? They look cool, but I'm starting to need at least a little wind blocking to ride a little longer. These windscreens look cool enough to leave on year round, but they look too small to actually work - or do they?

Re: Little Windscreen

I have the Givi fly screen. A little taller than the Yamaha. Keeps the wind off the chest which helps on long or high speed rides.

I have the Givi fly screen. A little taller than the Yamaha. Keeps the wind off the chest which helps on long or high speed rides.
+1, I've put in over 500 mile days (several actually over a 12 day span) and having the wind off your chest helps a ton. My seat is lowered around 2" so that helps as well.

fly screen doesnt do much imo, little chg thats it. but ya looks cool.

i do have a yamaha one for the max up for sale if your looking for one. send me a pm in your interested i can send you pics tomorrow

+1, I've put in over 500 mile days (several actually over a 12 day span) and having the wind off your chest helps a ton. My seat is lowered around 2" so that helps as well.

I too can vouch for the GIVI A123 Vmax windscreen. Prior to having it installed I was getting abused riding down to the beach about 150miles each way. Once installed, I was very comfortable during the ride not getting beat up by the wind. I too run a lowered seat, Morley Muscle Seat. Nice combination. Plus the GIVI screen is customized for the vmax too!

I have one of the OEM fly screens and I think it makes a HUGE difference when I am wearing a helmet. Don't expect it to block the wind, but it sure shoots it up. I'm a litlte over 6' and I like it. If you want to pay shipping, I'd be willing to ship you mine if you want to try it out. My riding season is basically over.:bang head:
Cheers,
Jeff

I put one of the small OEM Yamaha tinted ones on my bike and noticed absolutely ZERO difference.

That's probably because you are the windscreen Jim. And, what does it matter when we are tearing up the Arkansas asphalt at 100+!

That's probably because you are the windscreen Jim. And, what does it matter when we are tearing up the Arkansas asphalt at 100+!

100+? Who? Me? Why.......whatever are you talking about Sean? How in the world could I ever pull off a stunt like that dressed as a squid the way I do? You must either be dreaming or thinking of someone else. :ummm:

On the other hand, it's good to know I'm good for something. I do block a lot of wind. :biglaugh:

Legal disclaimer: This content of this post, and the one before it has been fictional, and no Vmax or motorcycle of any sort was ridden above any posted speed limits, in any state of this country, Arkansas or otherwise, in the making of said posts.

Back