Thread about Windshields

Discussion in 'General VMax Questions' started by gunrunner, Aug 5, 2008.

Help Support VMAX Motorcycle Forum by donating:

1. Mar 29, 2011 #121

dmax1

dmax1

dmax1

I finally got to take the bike out with the new windshield. The wind has finally eased up and the temps shot up into the 70's. I find the shield does help. I am 6'03 and 260 lbs. It definetly cuts the wind off my chest and moves the air flow up to my full face helmet which is fine by me. If I get hot in the helmet I just open the vents and it's like having a fan turned on in my helmet. I think in the summer it will work well for cooling if you ride with a full face helmit. If your looking for less wind and you're a tall rider you will want a bigger shield. Conclusion: For me and what I want it was a good buy for me and was a breeze (no pun intended) to install. If your looking for less wind, Find a bigger shield that works for your type of riding. And as for the carb covers I think they added a couple of horsepower. It must be the radiation as they did come from a japanese manufacturer :rofl_200:

2. Jul 27, 2011 #122

Bushmaster

Bushmaster

Bushmaster

I bought a new screen for mine from Japan that looks pretty cool.....even better than the stock Vmax flyscreen. This guy offers these in 3 models.....a model A which is just a small flyscreen, and model B which is a bit larger, and a model HI which is the largest. Each of them have a metal frame, tinted shields, and the Vmax logo cut into the metal......and they are extremely easy to install and fit on the front turn signal bolt post. Here's the link for the smaller one that I bought, and you can email the guy and he will send you the link to the other auctions for the other sizes:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150614982882&viewitem=

3. Oct 9, 2011 #123

brad bruggeman

brad bruggeman

brad bruggeman

Re: Mini - screen - Yes or No ?

for comfort,i sugest the national cycle plexstar 2.yea,i know it aint pretty.but it gives the most comfort and wind protection available for the gen1 v-max.

4. May 16, 2017 #124

thankumuch

thankumuch

thankumuch

I'm 6.00' and my head was getting twisted around at highway speeds, so I bought this shield off ebay for $50. I can cruise without being pushed around now. I don't care for the look of it when compared to having nothing at all, but comfort wins out. The bike has overpowering cool, so this is small potatoes. [​IMG]

5. Dec 30, 2018 #125

r13cents

r13cents

r13cents

I added a Reckless Batwing fairing and a 600 watt stereo to mine. Hope it's not too offensive

Attached Files:

mabdcmb@yahoo.com likes this.
  6. Dec 31, 2018 #126

one2dmax

one2dmax

one2dmax

Fatmax used to make a very similar fairing but specifically for the Vmax so you didn't have to adapt it. None of them are my taste but looks like yours turned out well.

Attached Files:

7. Jan 21, 2019 #127

mabdcmb@yahoo.com

mabdcmb@yahoo.com

mabdcmb@yahoo.com

Its got a bit of a sons of anarchy vibe to it.
    Looks good.

8. Jan 21, 2019 #128

schudaddie

schudaddie

schudaddie

since reckless doesn't list the vmax (gen1 or 2 ) which one did you get?
    later, bill