Throttle cable stuck

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plum-Numb

Reaction score
Hello all,

Removed the carbs last fall but only disconnected #4 from the gang. Replaced them this week and it runs fine but the throttle will not return to "closed' by itself, I have to roll it forward. I thought that the cable routing was incorrect and bound up but cannot find any photos. Do the carb side cables rout inside or outside of the frame? Maybe one inside and one outside?

All comments welcome. I will take photos.... next time.

Cheers,
SR

You have to have a bit of slack in both cables to have them work freely, no slack will cause what you have.

You're right to check for routing too, in 'the early days,' it wasn't uncommon that a poorly-routed cable could run afoul of the fork stops, the fork downtubes and/or the bodywork, or some other happenstance where the helix (the cable sheathing) would get crimped, and then ruin the easy return of the throttle, brake cable (for those of us 'fortunate' enough to recall cable-operated front brakes) or clutch cable. That would make for "exciting times" the first ride after pinching the helix onto the inner cable!

Back